021 || shower

•••

•••

Two months. We killed all major gang members in the USA in two months. That's a lot of death in a very short space of time, each site of the slaughter messier than the next, yet we were still very angry.

'Where to now?'
'Mexico'
'Lead the way'

Considering the amount of coverage of illegal immigration on the news, it was surprisingly easy for us to sneak into Mexico. Within 2 days of crossing the border we were ready to strike our first gang, my leg now healed enough to move without pain.
This mission was, however, slightly different. I would go in and distract the gang members at their regular bar, flirting with some of the patrons whilst Clint snuck in and got into position in his vantage point. Then you'd issue the signal, subtly signing 'safe', before the two of you launched into your attack.

'Are you good?' Clint signed, holding meaningful eye contact, almost searching for any hesitancy.
'I've got this' I smiled, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before leaving the motel and walking over to the bar. Clint would leave a few minutes after to reduce any suspicion.

•••

The bar was loud and crowded as I entered, the smell of smoke and spirits almost overwhelming my senses. Walking straight to the bar I immediately ordered a cheap beer, sitting at one of the bar stools inconspicuously. I took this time to scan the bar, positioning myself in such a way that if anyone was to look at me they'd think I was admiring the men. This was cut short as a voice sounded from behind me.
"Hola pretty lady"
Plastering a convincing fake smile to my face, I turned around to talk to the man, feigning interest as I saw Clint enter the bar (via the window) out of the corner of my eye.
I gave the man a giggle and a wink, "well hello there sexy"
That seemed to make his chest puff proudly, a smirk blooming on his face as I was handed my beer. Clint was making his way across the ceiling beams, positioning himself on top of the boss and sending me a silent signal.
'Ready'
"What are you looking at?" The man in front of you asked, moving his head to meet your eyeline.
"Nothing, just the infrastructure" I waved off, flirty smile still on my face as I pulled him back into the conversation.
Still on high alert, I was watching for a clearing whilst trying to keep the flirty conversation going with the man, Juan.
"So, what do you say? Wanna come back to the house for some fun, eh?"
Two of the men moved away from the boss. This was the window. I stood up abruptly, making the sign behind my back.
"I would love to," I smiled, stepping back slightly as Clint fell down from the rafters and dug a blade into the boss' skull, "I have a fight to attend to"
I shrugged smugly, quickly turning around to catch my blade (thrown by Clint) and proceed to run the man through the stomach with it. After a second of shocked silence the bar roared to life, angry men charging at us left right and centre.

Slipping back into our routine, we fought off the gang members, working in tandem as we dodged and killed the onslaught of men.
During the fight I saw a man get dangerously close to Clint, launching myself off his shoulders and landing on his attackers head, swiftly breaking his neck.
Roughly 20 minutes later, both of us covered in blood, everyone was dead.

A sigh escaped my lips as I tried to wipe away some of the blood trickling down my forehead, my eyes regarding the bodies with a shocking amount of calmness. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Clint nonchalantly cleaning his swords, his features set in a frown as he did so. Once he had finished, his fingers wound around my wrist, promptly pulling me out of the bar. Knowing better than to speak I followed him diligently, walking into our motel room without alerting anyone with our current bloody state.
He worked silently, pulling my clothes off me as he guided me to the shower, turning on the water to heat up as he helped me with my trousers. I had to bite back a small smile as I moved to help him undress as well, both of us working in amicable silence. This affection made my heart swell, my cheeks flushing from our closeness as he stepped under the water, his eyes inviting me in after him.
We hugged under the water until it turned cold, the blood washing off our bodies as we held each other, tethering ourselves to the present.

We were together. We were okay.