Chapter 41

I'm attempting to make up for lost time here. I got a brief reprieve from work, so I'm trying to at least post another chapter.

We've left Bliss after she was prescribed two-day bed rest by a kindly doctor. Let's see what she makes of her downtime.

*************************************************************************

Forty-one

Many people would have described my situation as "ideal" or "dreamy".

I was forced to stay in a five (possibly six) star hotel luxury suite. All expenses paid by my employer and ex-boyfriend. Maybe he was feeling a tad guilty and that's why he was being so generous. Let's not look at a gift horse in the mouth.

I had unlimited access to movies and cable on T.V. "Feel free to watch as much porn as you desire, Bliss. But, please, please facetime me." Harry had joked via text-message.

Harry was obeying the doctor's orders and staying away. Following his Friday performance, he booked another room and slept there. Saturday he hung around with Louis and Niall. On Sunday, he boarded a plane to Nashville with the rest of the band.

Lou Teasdale was back at LA, she had to attend to some Bleach London promo engagements there.

Everybody had fully respected with my medical treatment and stayed away, leaving me to my rest.

They had sent pressies, though.

A huge colorful flower bouquet, from Niall, arrived the next morning. Louis, on the other hand, had sent a mandala coloring book. From the band, I got aromatherapy oils a, candles and ginger-honey tea. Lou gifted me some lovely face masks. Lambert gave me a package of amazing cashmere socks that went well with the plush blanket Jeff delivered.

Harry, sent a care package filled with crosswords, Sudoku and word puzzles, a cheesy joke book, a leather-bound journal, the fuzziest robe and slippers set, bath bombs and a massive red roses and Ferrero- Rocher bouquet.

Dr. Ubben checked on me once a day. She made sure I had taken my medicines, was not running a fever and kept hydrated.

Her diagnosis proved to be accurate and by Sunday night I was feeling a hundred percent better. She declared me cured and fit to fly the following morning.

"I'll let Mr. Styles know you will be joining the tour tomorrow," Dr. Ubeen said, "he's texted me several times, concerned you wouldn't make it."

"He's texted me several times, also," I told her.

It was true, although Harry had not visited me in my sick bed he had texted constantly.He told me about his day with Louis and Niall "Those two are driving me crazy. I don't think there'll a 1D reunion anytime soon. If I'm forced to tour with them again, I'll kill them!!"

He sent jokes, videos, memes, and photos. Mitch asleep on the plane. Sarah frantically looking for a misplaced drumstick. Claire doing yoga. Adam goofily staring at his kid's photos. Anne and Gemma on a road trip around LA.

I'm not gonna lie to you, I was touched. Harry was showering me with attention. The constant texting was his version of giving me some space, otherwise, he would have called several times daily.

Maybe I had been too harsh? Going back to the way things had been, prior him snogging Camille, was such a tempting option. It would be so easy, it wouldn't require any nasty confrontations, there would be no risk of me getting fired.....

Besides....

....his kisses were so scrumptious.

I fell asleep remembering how it felt to drown myself into Harry's fantastic green eyes, and how good it felt to be held between his strong arms.