t w o

James POV

I watched her hips sway as she disappeared behind the door

I watched her hips sway as she disappeared behind the door. I fixed my clothes and headed back down to the club. "Boss, I have a few contracts you need to sign before you go" Dre said. I sighed and took the documents from his hand then looked them over. "Dre, we are not signing with one of your thug friends off the streets. My shit already almost got closed down. I'm not risking it". Dre sighed and rolled his eyes. "But James, this can bring in more money" he said. "I said no, goodnight" I said. "Night" Dre mumbled. Shit like this makes me realize that Dre's not ready to own a club of this caliber, especially not with this kind of clientele. Dre and I both grew up in the streets. I did my shit, sold my shit and made money off this street shit to get where I am today. I hired Dre because I wanted to make a difference in his life and keep him off the streets. I can't just willingly trust someone with elaborate shit like this just to give it back to the streets all because of some "deal from the homies".

"Y'all alright over here" I said looking towards the bar girls. They nodded. "We got it" Chi said. I waved and headed to the parking lot. I hopped in my Mercedes G Wagon and sped off. I soon arrived at my penthouse condo. I walked in and took off my suit jacket and loosened my tie. "I made dinner for you baby" my wife Naomi said. "I'm not hungry" I mumbled. She set a plate of food in front of me. "I said I'm not hungry" I said raising my voice while pushing the plate away. She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. I shook my head then got up to walk away.

I've been married to Naomi for five years. For five long years, I've invested so much into this marriage yet, I've gained so little as a husband. She insists that I take sometime off from the club to spend time with her and we work things out. Honestly, Truth has been the best thing that could've ever happened to me since leaving the streets. Don't get me wrong, Naomi has held me down, but before she cheated on me, she only cared about the money. True enough, she didn't like me in the streets but that didn't stop her from furnishing this expensive ass penthouse that I paid for, or the countless shoes, clothes, and purses that she pays for with my money. For the past year she's been trying to "work it out" she calls herself cooking and cleaning now, she wants to be at home more when I get off. I swear she been ridin' a nigga bout making a baby.

I went into our master bathroom and closed the door behind me. Removing my button down, I could still smell her scent on me. As I looked at myself in the mirror, all I could think about was her. I know I was wrong for doing her dirty, but I can't let her know that she got me like that. I turned on the shower, got undressed and cleaned my body before heading off to bed.

Melissa's POV