Marrion

He never gave it back.

She couldn't hide forever, promising her mother to do great in school, and dragged herself out of bed this morning. It was rather warm outside, still she didn't think twice about picking out a large sweater from her closet able to withstand high temperatures. She was used to them. As she started to slip one over her head, a certain memory hit her like bricks. Waiting for a mere moment, she lowered the sweater and crossed to her dresser.

Taking out a bra, she couldn't bear to look at her reflection in the mirror in front of her. How could she have forgotten once more? Wasn't what happened sufficient in teaching her not to do idiotic things like that? While she put one on, she desperately tried not to remember what his cold hand felt like. Suddenly feeling extremely unease, she also took out two long sleeved shirts, what she usually wore during winter, and jeans. How easy it was to pull sweats down.

She did not enjoy it. She couldn't have. The nightmares proved everything. He forced her... taking pleasure in torturing her. She must have been delusional and nervous when she went home early. She couldn't possibly have believed that she wanted it. It was insane. Her mother for a fact would be incredibly disappointed. And because of that, Nalia could never sum up the courage to tell her father or anyone else. With a clearer head, she realized just how serious it had been.

The realization caused apprehension when she entered the empty halls that morning, and if it hadn't been for recent events, it would've been simple routine. She wouldn't have to have the urgent need to check in every direction in anxiety. She had hurried to the school office for a late slip. Met with sympathetic smiles, the presence of adults somewhat alleviated her shaking hands when she took the slip of paper.

Yet again, she had failed at a simple task , just avoiding him.

When she walked into the classroom, the teacher's eyes met with hers before returning to the lesson on the board. She pursed her lips apologetically. She knew she was pushing her limit for what was acceptable in the class.

No one noticed or said anything to her. Good. She took out her materials out, telling herself she could do this. Opening to a blank page, she began to take notes from the information the teacher was saying without breaks. She had missed quite a bit and had to catch up from her absence. The woman suddenly halted in middle of the long lecture. Nalia did not pause in her writing.

"You're late! Where's your late slip?" the woman barked.

No. Her hand froze and brown eyes widened.

There wasn't a response, and though curiosity to look towards the door was strong, she didn't allow herself. She didn't need to anyway as there was finally a reply. "Right here."

The voice was far, yet the vibration of it sent goose bumps on her arms, desperately making her want to shake the discomfort off.

"Find a seat!"

Don't look at him.

"Next to Nalia."

NO!

Wasn't there someone already sitting there? She was sure of it. Sensing him, he approached the front row, close to where she was, and stopped. Her head was declined but still was able to see his shadow on her desk. He wasn't moving and it increased the discomfort she was experiencing. She finally was permitted to breathe when he sat down. The lecture resumed and people were unaware of the tension that surfaced. Her mind wasn't processing or even listening to the lesson. Her hand was still frozen. In fact, her body hadn't moved an inch.

A minute later, she jumped when she felt a hand on her thigh. Her heart stopped. She couldn't breathe. The hand squeezed before rising and entering under her sweater, finding its way through the layers of clothing. It made her sick with fear and looked to the side, away from him, in panic. Students were busy scribbling down notes. No one was paying attention to her. They never did unless they wanted to humiliate her. The hand gripped. And she fought a scream.

Biting her lips, she shut her eyes, and chanted in her head. Not happening. Not happening. The hand was persistent as it encountered difficulty finding what it was looking for.

"Nalia, come up and explain the events after the war," the teacher said, bringing her attention to the front.

The hand was gone. She gladly stood, able to get away, and walked to the front of the classroom, even though she was afraid of speaking aloud. Realizing this too late, she swallowed nervously. Everyone was staring. There were so many faces but she couldn't see one in particular. It was like a sea of people without any distinction; however, he was in clear range, staring at her with intense dark eyes. She didn't like his look.

Smoldering chocolate bore into her, like he was undressing her with his eyes.

Suddenly, there were many gasps before it erupted into laughter. There were people pointing at her and she didn't understand why. She was shaking uncontrollably as she followed the pointing fingers and found herself bare naked.

Her heart and breathing stopped without warning, mind in a blank state. A powerful discomfort emerged and she had an urge to hide. Her shaking hands turned into blocks of stone making it hard to move and cover herself. Her eyes burned; a panic attack surely was about to occur as her heart began to pound against her ribcage, threatening to burst out of her frail body.

But it was his candid gaze and twisted smirk that were terrifying her the most.

"Nalia!"

Feeling an outer body experience, her eyes snapped open, but weren't they already open?

"Stop daydreaming!"

Not understanding the command, she blinked noticing that she was sitting at her desk with sniggers around her. The confusion didn't recede until she looked at the person next to her. He gave a mischievous smile.

"On with the lesson," the older woman said promptly.

"When class is done, wait outside in the forest for me," he whispered lowly.

------------

She didn't wait. Instead, she immideately took off the second the bell rang. She was too uncomfortable around him to even wait and see what he wanted.

"Nalia," he called. "I thought I told you to wait."

After hearing his voice in addition to his looming presence, she was terrified to speak, and resorted into lowering her head. What more did he want with her? Swallowing, she tried to not think of the painful grip on her arms as agonizing minutes slowly passed by. How was she going to get out of this now?

You're going have to take a stand if you want to run away!

The frightened girl quickly became torn between her conscious and fear.
And yet, not wanting to keep feeling so helpless, she swallowed again nervously before attempting to form the words that were screaming in her mind to be heard.

"P-Please..."

Was that her voice? It did not sound like her voice at all. Even though she did not speak much at school, in front of her classmates or teachers that is, it could not have sounded like this. It was so...so...

The train of thought almost came to a halt when she felt fingers tighten in response.

"Let go of me," she whispered desperately though he did not move an inch. What else can I do? She thought as eyes began to gather water.

Plead.

"...I have to get home. My...mother is waiting-"

"She's going to have to wait longer then," he finally spoke, tone completely monotonous, unsympathetic.

The black haired girl waited in anxiety until her small amount of courage sparked up once more. Why was he refusing? Why did he want to keep her here?

"I d-didn't do anything."

"I gave you an order," he said simply, "And you disobeyed me."

How could he have known she was planning to flee? Unless he had been watching her...of course, he was never known to arrive early anywhere or wait for someone. How could she have expected him to be waiting back behind the school even if he was the one who picked the time and place? She was daft, he knew that much. And he had no issue taking advantage of that fact.

You should have run away sooner. You shouldn't have listened in the first place.