19|The Tragedy

•Cause I'm Broken•

Evelyn's Pov

Blayne wouldn't let me go, so I sat on the couch. I eventually fell asleep there, but T.J. and Wes woke me up after a while.

"Your mom made dinner. You should eat something." Wes said.

"Thanks."

I didn't eat, though. I had this gut feeling that something wasn't right.

I just wish I would've acted on it.

{•~•}|•~•~•|{•~•}

Two days went by and nobody saw any sign of Windsor. But now, that gut feeling was growing and I was worried that something had happened.

"Blayne, she's normally back by now."

"Do you want dad to start a search? It's been 48 hours, so he can."

"Yes, but I want to help." I nod.

"Understandable."

I shouldn't have helped.

{•~•}|•~•~•|{•~•}

"We're going to spread out and search for this girl. She's fourteen, last seen wearing a black cropped top and denim shorts." Isaac announces to the group of people helping.

Blayne and I take the woods, east side. While Wes and T.J, take the west side.

"We'll find her." Blayne says.

We will. But, not how we expected.

{•~•}|•~•~•|{•~•}

The white car came into view a few hours into the search. It sat at the bottom of the hill, on top of the hill was a broken fence. Clearly the person busted through the fence.

"Blayne, do you think it..."

He freezes and his gaze zeros in on something laying on the ground. I look in his direction.

Windsor.

My knees hit the ground right next to her. I pull her into my arms, sobbing like a mad woman. Screaming and crying filled the air.

"Evelyn."

His voice was muffled, distant almost.

"Evelyn, get up!"

Was it a dream?

"Come on Eve!"

His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me away from the scene. I scream and kick as he pulls me away from her.

"Eve, calm down!"

A group of cops and paramedics rush to the scene and I am left standing there, Blayne's arms wrapped around me.

"Hey, Hey...shhh...hey, you're okay."

He combs through my hair as I whine.

"I don't want her to go. I don't want her to go! Blayne!"

I scream and cry until I can't anymore.

"Shhh...you're fine."

The last thing I remember was screaming. Blayne's voice telling me I'll be okay.

And my mom's devastated face when she approached the scene.