Our Son

Adira greeted people left and right, smiling for them oh so happily and beautifully.

She wore this very pretty grey gradient cocktail dress—with two straps overlapping each other as they crossed over to the other shoulder and another pair that went straight to her back, it was littered with feathers across her torso and the skirt and snowflake patterns all over the skirt.

Almost all noble family came, hoping to establish some kind of connection with the Sylveris family or even the lady herself. It showed how influential and powerful this ducal family was who ranked next to the royalty.

However, what made Adira's banquet different from what all these noble families threw wasn't the complete attendance of these noble blood. But the attendance of even commoner families that wanted to celebrate their beautiful and kind lady's name day.

Even Peter's family was there!

"Happy Birthday, Big Sister! I knew you weren't a simple person, but I didn't imagine you were the legendary Lady Sylveris." Blabbered Owen excitedly and animatedly.

Adira giggled happily at this lively troll, who grew another couple more centimeters and was almost catching up to her now. He really was just like her real little brother. He had no filter when he faced her and she loved that.

"Thank you, Owen. However, I'm still your big sister Adira, and that will never change." Adira said and planted a quick peck on the boy's forehead that immediately made him blush.

Casimir then promptly snatched the lady's hand as his other arm snaked possessively around her waist.

"Hello, little Owen." Casimir greeted with a strong emphasis on the adjective he used on the boy.

He snarled at Casimir and Adira could only sigh helplessly as she could almost palpate the rising tension between the two of them.

Seriously, Casey. That's a boy you're picking a fight with.

Casimir then shifted his gaze, as it turned more formal and serious, and bowed his head towards Adira's second parents.

"Sir Peter, Madam Hyacinth. I am here to formally inform you of our wedding ceremony to be held tomorrow. I know it is a bit rushed, but I've long been planning to marry her ever since God knows when. We hope you could celebrate with us then."

Peter and Hyacinth were taken aback, not only because they were invited to a royal's wedding eventhough they were of common blood, but also because the crown prince himself extended the invitation to a family as humble as them. He even bowed his head towards them! They didn't deserve such honor!

"Yo-Your highness! Please raise your head!"

"W-We are not worth you bowing your head to us!"

"No. Adira acknowledged the both of you as her second parents, therefore, I need to show you my respect as well."

Peter and Hyacinth's hearts warmed at their crown prince's words. The rumors they heard—about how he was a cold-blooded, heartless demon and so much more—seemed too farfetched now.

With the real deal in front of them, who was as gentle and warm like their Lady Adira, the rumors all seemed too outrageous.

"Of course, your highness. We will be there." Hyacinth replied and looked over to her husband, who finished her sentence for her.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world."

Casimir graced them a rare smile and several clanging sounds of utensils reverberated across the hall. It made Adira laugh jovially.