Forgets, Regrets, then Forgives

Rintis Island, Malaysia,
Planet Earth
Four hours later...

Kaizo's POV

"In the living memory of Tok Aba," an earthling says. "We are all gathered here today to relieve his happy and sorrowful events. Events that had contributed to our daily aspect of life..."

I stifle a yawn, then try to focus on the  funeral instead.

I have just visited my little brother's grave, retelling the sad events he had never witnessed. It was frustrating to think about my ever growing depression, but let's face it: Boboiboy is right. It was my fault that he died with no protection. Period. I really didn't intend Fang to die a gruesome death, but it feels like I caused it. I admitted all my foolish mistakes to the silent grave and, when there were no more words to describe my sin, I bid him a farewell salute.

Then here I am: watching a funeral taking place from afar. It is a curious tradition. In my home planet, we usually burn the dead and spread his/her ashes at their favorite place. But here in Earth... they are preparing to bury the dead deep underground. A choir of earthling are singing a melodious song, which made the small crowd cry fretfully. Especially the main guest, Boboiboy.

He seems to be attached with Tok Aba because he continuous to cry silently and anonymously. Well except for Lance Corporal Yaya Yah, who happens to hold on to her boyfriends hand.

Hmm, about that girl... I sense something strange about her presence. Whether it's by instinct or imagination, she seems to be growing paler and paler everyday. It isn't very clear to see it, but my sixth sense is always true.

I am about to scan her with my mask, but then another earthling in black suit runs to the crowd and interrupts the funeral.

"Is someone named Boboiboy in here?" he asks, almost desperately. His clothes are torn in the most horrible way and his head has a large red bruise. Sweat is covered all around his face, as if he had ran from a serious tragedy.

"That's me," the elemental hero shows himself as he wipes his tears away. "What is it you want?"

"You're...parents. They were about to attend this very funeral, with me as their guide and driver. But... But..."

"But what?" Boboiboy asks.

The man, bowing his head, does not reply.

Boboiboy lunges at the black man and furiously seizes his collar.

"What happened?! Tell me!"

He slowly looks at the boy and whispers, "They died... in a car crash."

"I was trying to avoid a little girl in the intersection. The car loosed control and it flips into the air. Before the vehicle could crash, your... father pushed me out of the car and I hit the pavement face first. I looked back and discovered the car lying upside down, and your parents were severely wounded. Still holding each others' broken hands.

"After an ambulance was called, the medics here tried to... bring them back. They tried, but," he kneels down hopelessly and cries. "But it seems... they can only save me, not them. Oh, if only it should be me..."

Boboiboy is aghast upon hearing the news and slowly pulls his shaky hands away from the driver.

"This..." he croaks as he looks at his trembling hands. "This is all my fault."

Yaya immediately flies to his side and places one hand on his shoulder.

"Is there something wrong, Boboiboy?" she starts. "Look here, it is not your fault that—"