Who Is This Woman

*Paycus's POV*

The day had been long, boring. I went to school, came home did homework. It was an uninteresting day, until aunt Alex came in yelling for Kara and dad. 

"Alex, what's wrong?" She was out of breath.

"I saw something in the security footage. you know how I check on it every couple of days," they nod, telling her to continue, "when I checked it today, i saw something happen to Imra."

"Is she okay?" Dad quickly asked.

"It's not that, I don't believe this person is Imra. I was going through the footage and she formed into some otherworldly alien. She is not who we think she is." I ran out using my super speed and jumped out the window.

"PAYCUS!!" I ran all the way to the D.E.O. to see her. I stopped once I got to her door. 

"Mom?" She looked over at me.

"Paycus, hi," her smile was the same. There was nothing about her that said she wasn't my mother. I walked up to her bed and sat down. "Is something wrong?"

"Who are you? Are you really my mother?" She stayed silent. Instead, she grabbed my head and that's the last thing I remember until I wake up.

*Mon-el's POV*

"Paycus, son are you okay?" I tried to grab him, but he ripped his arm away from me.

"Get away from me!"

"Paycus?"

"Your son is gone," I felt faint. Like my heart was just ripped out of my chest.

"Who are you?" Kara continued for me, seeing as I was out of breath.

"You can't stop what's to come, we will be your end."

"You didn't answer my question."

I'm it. I'm the darkness in everyone's heart. No matter how big of a hero you are, or how happy your life is, you will always have darkness inside. There is no way to get rid of it."

"You're right, you may not be able to rid yourself of darkness. But you can fill your heart with life, happiness and love." Paycus lowered his head, looking in pain. "I know my faults, I'm controlling, selfish, most days I hate myself for what I put everyone here through. But you love me anyway." He lowered his head again. 

"WHAT?"

"Don't you Paycus?" He hit me with some sort of energy ball, knocking me down. When I looked back up, he had yellow veins running through his face.

"It's okay, if you understand how weak light is. If you're willing to accept the fact that love is just a word, it's an empty, meaningless word."

"You can hurt me when I say I love you, but I'll love you anyway and you love me! That's why you came with me back to this time, that's why you have stayed by my side even when your mom wanted to take you, that's why you're my son, you are one of the brightest lights in my life. You should love me, because I deserved to be loved!" He looked up in pain again.

"STOP IT, JUST STOP IT!"

"I love you, I love you Paycus, I LOVE YOU!"

"STOP IT!" He used his powers to lift me to the ceiling and throw me down.

"Please," I say weakly, "I love you son."

"NO, NO!!" He threw me around the room again. "ONLY DARKNESS!!" I looked up at him and the veins slowly drained from his face. "DAD!" He ran over to me. "Dad?" I could hear him sniffle. "Dad, dad wake up. Come on dad, please." I slowly open my eyes, to see him smiling at me. He grabs my hand. 

"I'm here Paycus, I'm here."

"I'm so sorry dad."

"It's not your fault."

"I love you." With tears falling from my eyes, I spoke.

"I love you, too."