Chapter Thirty-Three

{scaffolding}

The stars lit the sky like snow-flakes in the night, yet appeared still, like an old photograph. Jimin found himself steadying his breathing, feeling the cold wind blow his hair into a tousled mane as he lead the squad towards the entrance of the building. It was decided that Jimin would lead the squad forwards. Jungkook was still physically wounded, so it wouldn't have been a very ethical decision to let him take any hits, so Jimin volunteered himself. After all, he was once a squad leader himself. 

Sharpened blade drawn by his side, Jimin stealthily made it to the building's entrance, "This is it." he sounded, bringing his flashlight into his hand as he pointed the beam at the door in front of him. The door was framed with what looked like a plank of wood around the outside edges and one across the middle for strength. The wood had been clawed at and had a slightly bubbly look, a sign that it was decaying from the rain. It had no handle but was rusted at the joints. "Stand back," Jimin spoke, clicking off his flashlight and shoving it into his pocket, "I'm gonna bust it open." 

As the rest of the squad took a step back, Jimin rolled his neck, jumping slightly side to side as he warmed himself up. With narrowed eyes and a steady gaze, Jimin took off his feet, raising his leg and kicking down the door with almost inhuman strength. The wood cracked open under the pressure of his kick, leaving a hole for Jimin to reach through and open the door. 

As the door opened, its creaking noise brought a chill down Jimin's spine. The door sounded like some dying animal, crying out its pain and sorrow with its last breath. The rest of the squad found themselves bringing their hands to their ears, cringing at the sound like it was nails on a chalkboard. "Alright," Jimin spoke, securing the doorway, "We're in."

Hoseok was first to slip inside. It was easy to say that abandoned buildings tended to creak, not in the creepy horror movie kind of way, generally speaking, but more of in the, 'oh shit, I should probably get out of here before this thing collapses on me' kind of a way. It was a building that had left everyone hesitant to even step through the doorway. 

That said, Hoseok stepped inside anyway, ignoring the stupid creaking. "Listen up everyone," Hoseok announced, gaining the squads upmost attention, "Be careful, this building is on a lean and we don't want anyone falling through any floors or windows." he explained, earning a gulp from some of the members, "got it?"

"Got it." they all spoke in unison. 

Against the darkened night sky, all Hoseok could manage to see was the crumbling walls that were nothing more than a ghostly silhouette of some previous existence. As they began to climb the stairs, he passed by cracked windows and mouldy, brown wooden walls with water stains painted across their skin. 

However, silvers of starlight shone through the cracked window pains, drawing Hoseok's attention outside. Beyond the abandoned building, the soft light of the moon spilled into the room. From high up a majestic view of the skyline appeared with such beauty. There wasn't a cloud in the star-speckled sky. Rows of the towering skyscrapers stretched beyond him, their windows reflecting the moon. 

Lowering his gaze from the star filled sky, Hoseok turned back to his squad. And definitely in the nick of time. As his eyes fell back over the floor, Hoseok heard an awful creak, one louder and more threatening then before. And within seconds. Daisy was falling through the floor. 

"Fuck!" Hoseok cursed, dropping his flashlight as his feet raced over towards Daisy. It almost seemed as if time had completely slowed down as the orange hair male reached out for his counterpart, diving off his feet and extending an arm. Before a scream could even leave Daisies parted lips, Hoseok's hand had snatched up her own, lacing their fingers together as Hoseok lay on his stomach, arm through the floor as his hand held tightly onto Daisies.