Chapter 1

Her dress at the top ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

I woke up to a scream from my little brother colton. I see him burst running through the door and taking a big face planting jump onto my big bed. I giggle at him knowing that he's just excited for today.

"Kira get up ! Wake up wake up "

I groan and try to sit upwards and then it starts to Settle in that today is my big day! It's my 16th birthday . The day i will finally find my mate I begin to smile so hard my cheeks start to hurt. I have been waiting for this day for so long my smile begins to flat line as I start to get nervous and think, Think about the fact that my mate might not want me . I'm not very strong I'm pretty scrawny and not as beautiful as the Other female wolves around my age I'm only 5,3 which is very very short for female wolves. I have blue eyes with long blonde curly hair that reaches my mid back. I'm not much to look at. I do have a bit
Of chub on my tummy and thighs as well. As if sensing my worry Colton's face scrunches.

"What's wrong Kira ?" Colton says as his brows furrow together in confusion.

"Nothing I'm just nervous to find my mate"

I say as I force a smile upon my lips. I need to think more positive today could be a good day I may find find my mate! I must keep my head up. Sadly Colton can see right through my fake smile and says.

" don't be I'm sure he or she will love you ! Now get up and come downstairs for breakfast mom made blueberry pancakes your favourite."

Mnnnnn yummy I love pancakes. I Yawned stretching my arms high above my head. When I finished stretching I tell him I will be down there in a minute just going to get dressed first. With that he makes his exit.
I have to look some what decent looking today the alphas from the blood moon pack are coming here to make a peace treaty with our alpha. I pray for the she wolf that got them as a mate. I heard they take no mercy if you in the slightest way piss them off they will kill you on the spot or make you regret ever living. I shiver in fear just thinking about it as I slide my pink pastel dress over my head I slide on my white knee highs. I giggle to myself as I pin back a small piece of my hair with a small pink hair bow. I twirl while standing in front of the mirror. Yes I know you may think why is a 16 year old acting like a little kid well that's because I'm a little everyone knows it in the pack and excepts me for who I am. I'm into something calle ddlg.
I grab my stuffy off my bed and hug him close to my chest.

"Im so excited I hope that I will find a great mate" I say to bearie as I walk down stairs.

I walk to the kitchen and the smell of pancakes hits my nose as i walk threw the door my mom turns around from the stove and walks over with a big smile on her face.

"Hi princess happy birthday your pancakes are on the table." She says as she pulls me into a big hug.

I hug back gently smiling happily.

"Thanks mom it smells yummy "

I say as I walk to the kitchen table and take a seat I smile as I see my sippy cup filled with milk and my plate has two pancakes with a smiley face on it. I was about to take a bite when my dad walked in.

"Papa! Guess what today is ! It's my birthday today i's get to find my mate !" My dad smiles at me and walks over to me planting a kiss at the top of my head. "I know pumpkin". He says as he takes his seat. My dad is the alpha and very much respected he's so nice to everyone but can come off a little scary.my mom walks over and sets down his plate as it is filled with eggs and a lot of bacon I make a sour face thinking about having to eat all that I can barley finish a pancake and I'm full. My dad turns to me and starts to talk about the plans for today.

" today the alphas from the blood moon pack will be coming to talk about the peace treaty and i need you to be a good girl and bring in the refreshments at the meeting can you do that for me sweetheart?, I know you probably want to walk around the pack house and try and find your mate but I need you to be a good girl pumpkin and help papa can you do that?"

I softly Whimper and look down at bearie sitting on my lap and begin to play with his long fluffy ears.

"Janet can you take colton to school please I wanna talk to Kira alone for a moment please"

my mother nods her head and her and colton leave the room. A moment later I hear the car keys and then the door shut closed.  " look at me sweetie what's Wrong? Are you sad that you will have to wait a little to find your mate?"
I looked up at him." No papa i's just scared of the alphas from the blood moon pack what if I do something to make them mad ? And den they hurt me ..." I start to shake slightly as a tear runs down my face my dad sees my state and Instantly lifts me up onto his lap. I Barrey my face into the crock of his neck as he rubs soothing circles on my back.

"They will never and I mean never harm you do you understand me? I would never let anyone ever hurt you, your going to do fine pumpkin" I smile and look up at him.

" yes sir papa!" I giggle as he chuckles and sets me down back in my chair I eat half of my pancake and then push my plate forward I'm so full. I see my dad give me a stern look. " you need to eat the rest or your pancakes you only got two that's not a lot so finish  ... " I shake my head from side to side.

"I'm full papa I swear I promise I will eat a lot for lunch and supper ! " he sighs and shakes his head.

" fine fine now go get your shoes on and coat I know it's only fall but I don't need you getting sick and put your plate away in the sink." I nod happily and grab bearie and my plate I scrape my plate into the garbage and put my fork and plate into the sink. I walk to the front door and slide on my pastel pink flats I smile at the glittery bows on the top of them. I put on my yellow rain coat. Right as I slide my hands into the sleeves my dad walks up and zips up my coat he smiles at me grabs my hand and then with his free hand he grabs the car keys. We walk towards my dads ford pick up truck and he opens the door leading to the back seat he lifts me up and sets me in the booster seat and buckles me up he shuts the door and goes to the drivers seat.

"Here we go ready?" He turns his head and looks back at me

" Wes ! Let's go ! " I smile happily and slip into little space he turns back around and starts the truck up when we start driving I hum softly and play with mister bearie on my lap. My eyes start to feel heavy I try to keep them open he notices threw the mirror and with one word from him my world goes dark.

"Sleep."

Omg hiii guys this is my first ever book I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think! Pleas vote and comment.