Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Audrey had been busy catering to events for the past month. Tonight, she will cater to another corporate anniversary. She and Carrie had been busy preparing the food and beverages for tonight's event since morning. They loaded the van and drove to the location which was another fancy ballroom at the Upper East side. The staffs helped them unload the things from the van and they started to prepare the stations at the kitchen.

"Be careful not to spill the sauce please. And do be careful with the lobsters as well. They are well alive and I plan to keep it that way until later this evening." Audrey told the other staffs who were unloading the van.

"The wines are already here at the backroom. I've double checked and they're all correct." Carrie was one of the trusted employee because she knew what Audrey expected and she could deliver what were azked precisely. Thus, Audrey has been contemplating to promote her as the head chef since she might need to focus on branching her business yet her inner voice told her that she was not ready to hand over because then she might not be cooking as much but will be doing paperwork instead.

"Thank you Carrie. Oh and how are you doing? Are you sure you're fine to be back? You just got a fever few days ago." Audrey asked.

"Yes, I'm fine thank you. There's nothing that vitamin C can't handle. And thank you for giving me the extra days off yesterday. I'm really grateful to have a kind and caring boss like you." Carrie hugged Audrey.

"It's no problem at all. You're like a dear friend to me too, Carrie. Now let's get back to work!" Audrey joked and clapped her hands.

"And the boss side is back." Carrie mumbled and walked towards the kitchen.

They started preparing their stations, soon the waiters arrived. They worked together collectively and were now serving the desserts.

"No, no. Don't overmix the batter, it will lose its consistency. Oh my Gosh-" Audrey tried to explain further but was splashed with the chocolate batter instead as one of the chef pulled out the mixer too quickly while it was still switched on splattering chocolate mix all around.

"Oh I'm sorry, Chef. I'm so sorry." He tried to apologize and handed her the towels.

"It's alright, no worries. You are still new and you still have much to learn. Sean, please help Ollie here. I'll be right back." Audrey walked out of the kitchen towards the bathroom and accidentally bump into someone.

"Geez, what is wrong with you people!" Exclaimed the person who sounded awefully familiar. Audrey looked up to see her ex-boss scowled holding his phone.

"Us people? What is wrong with us people, exactly?" She shot back, purposely emphasizing the word us dramatically. Knowing that he paid too much attention to his phone, again and not noticing others along the way. He looked up to find the person who dared to reply defiantly back at him. He has not been challenged by anyone in a while. Everyone should know who he is and should know better than to tempt his temper.

"Well, you chefs seemed to be so occupied and doesn't know how to pay attention to where they're going. Wait, it's you again. The same chef who doesn't know how to watch their own way." He claimed looking at the familiar chef in front of him.

"Gosh, you really are insolent. Obviously, you're not paying attention yourself to bump into me." She rebuffed and stared straight into his deep blue eyes.

There was something familiar about her but he could not put his mind into it. Her hazel eyes and the way she boldly speaks her mind. Does she not know who he was?

"Do you know who you're talking to? Miss chef." He dared her to speak as he tried to remember where he saw the familiar face.

"Oh I do know who you are, Mr Ethan Loyd. Seems like you're the one who doesn't know courtesy!" She tried to keep her composure but his arrogance ripped away any self-control she thought she had left.

"Wait, I do remember you now. Miss Bouquet, right? You're still as feisty and bold as always." He finally remembered listening to her valiant statement and there was only one person who dared to talk back to him that way.

"Yes. And you are still arrogant and rude as always, Mr Loyd. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have work to do." She smug triumphantly and walked past him.

"Feisty. You might want to wipe that chocolate off your pretty little cheeks first, Chef Bouquet." He smirked walking past her, leaving her stunned with embarrassment.

She quickly wiped the chocolate stain on her cheeks and stomped back to the kitchen. Apparently, she did not just met her annoying ex-boss again but she also forgot to go to the bathroom and clean the chocolate stains. The event went smoothly apart from her encounter with her ex-boss, they cleared up the stations and closed the kitchen.