v. LIES

v. boyfriends lie!

flipping through the pages of her june edition cosmopolitan magazine, wendy carmichael's mind began to stray away from the 'day in the life of gossip columnist liz smith' article in front of her. she couldn't stop thinking about how hostile billy had acted towards her, and all she wanted to do was bring it up to steve. however she hadn't heard from him in nearly two days.

"wendy?! telephone!" lori carmichael yelled out. wendy let out a gasp and tossed the magazine aside—finally, steve was calling her. she was starting to grow overly concerned about him. as she rushed down the stairs to the landline in the kitchen, she became more and more curious about what reason steve had for not calling her.

wendy picked up the phone, holding it up to her ear.
"hello?" she answered.
"wendy, hey!" steve greeted.

steve harrington rarely lied to his girlfriend, and if he did, it was to hide a surprise that he had for her. this time was totally different. steve had spent an entire day trying to break the russian code with dustin henderson and robin, and once robin cracked the code, he knew that it was up to them to unveil the russian secrets. however he was certain about one thing, he didn't want wendy involved at all. he couldn't risk her life just because he wanted to be a hero.

"what's up? are you okay, i haven't heard from you!" wendy spoke into the phone, leaning against the wall.
"mhm, i'm alright. we've just been, uh, y'know, suuuper busy here. i haven't had time to call." he lied, running his hand through his hair.

steve leaned against the payphone that was in the mall. he looked down at his watch, seeing that it was 6:15pm.
"oh, well okay. um, are you still coming to dinner tonight? my grandparents really want to meet you." wendy asked.

her mother's parents, the petersons, had arrived in town and they confessed to wendy that they would love to meet steve harrington.
steve pulled the phone away from his mouth, sighing. "ah shit!" he cursed out, he had forgotten all about wendy's dinner.

he turned back around to see dustin and robin talking, they were waiting for him to end his call so that they could start their investigation against the russians, or as erica sinclair called it, "operation child endangerment."

"baby, i can't. i'm sorr—"
"what? why not?" wendy frowned, she couldn't believe that steve was canceling on her last minute after not talking to her for a whole day.

"i-uh, we have so much to do here. some kid spilled his ice cream all over the fl-floor and it uhh...it melted! now me and robin have to clean it all up." steve lied, facepalming himself. he knew that he was a terrible liar, and wendy knew too.

she scoffed and rolled her eyes. she didn't know what to say to his obvious lies.
"why are you lying? you know what, ugh! steve, i don't care. goodbye, i guess we'll talk when you decide that you want to tell me the truth." wendy snapped, pulling the phone away from her ear.

steve felt horrible for lying, he knew that he needed to fix it.
"wendy, i'm sorry, i—" the call ended as wendy placed the phone back on the wall. sighing, the carmichael girl walked back up to her room.

she took a seat on her bed, grabbing the magazine back in her hands.
"why are hawkins boys so rude?" she muttered to herself as she flipped the page.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the kids didn't want to call wendy; she wasn't in their party and she was much older than them. it wasn't until lucas brought up a valid point that they considered it. "but who knows billy better than his ex-girlfriend? think about it, she could easily lure billy into the sauna." lucas sinclair spoke up.

max was uneasy about the situation, she shook her head. in the back of her mind, she could hear susie carmichael's reasoning behind not wanting wendy around billy.
"i-i don't know, guys." max responded.

"why wouldn't she? she was there when we came up with the mindflayer plan—she knows about the mindflayer, she knew about the demodogs." mike pointed out as will and lucas nodded along.

"there are things that you guys don't know about wendy and billy, it's just not a good idea. i don't want wendy getting hurt." max objected. the boys sighed and looked at each other.
"can we at least call her?" mike pleaded, he remembered seeing billy and wendy in the school parking lot. whenever he would see them, they looked happy to him.

"fine. i'll call her." max nodded slowly.

she just hoped that susie would be able to forgive her for involving wendy carmichael.