Chapter Thirty - I Can't Do This Anymore

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I just self destruct when something goes wrong.

AN: pls read the AN at the end for an explanation of this chapter if you're confused

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

I didn't like my brain. I didn't like my thoughts. I didn't like anything. Overthinking was going to kill me. My mind felt like it was about to give out.

I thought that this walk would help me clear my head, but it didn't. It just made me more angry. Angry at myself. All I could think about was how I let Josh treat me.

Hating my weakness for not doing anything at the time. I hated how pathetic I was for not ending things. I hated that I never knew what it was like to be in a loving caring relationship. I hated that he had broken me in more ways than I realised.

Then I felt pathetic for ringing Kayden the second something goes wrong. I wished that I could just deal with things on my own. I needed to deal with things on my own.

Kayden must think I'm a damsel in distress. My lips pull into a frown. He must think everything about me is just a mess.

When I push open my dorm door I'm shocked to see Kayden sitting on my bed, his elbows on his knees. Leaning forward as he presses his palms together that holds his phone.

His eyes instantly shift to me when he watches me walk in. He throws his head back and drops his phone down on my bed. A strained sigh leaves his lips as his fingers lace through his messy hair. No one says anything for a few moments.

I just felt numb from all emotions. Kayden stands up and I notice how red his eyes are. "You scared the crap out of me Kayleigh," he says sounding tired. "Where were you?"

I furrow my eyebrows towards him. "I went for a walk," I say bluntly.

Kayden lets out a distressed breath. "I have a missed call from you, then when I call you back your phones off?!" His arms fly around as he exaggerates his words.

"So?" I reply harshly.

"So?! What the hell was I meant to think?" He's yelling now.

All I can do is stare. "Then when I come here, you're not in your room and you've left your phone behind!" Kayden exclaims.

"I was this fucking close to calling the police," he says as he shows me his index finger and thumb an inch apart.

Anger riles up inside me and I don't know where it's coming from. "So what... you just decide to show up?" I spit at him. "You're just 'checking up' on me now?"

Kayden retracts like I've slapped him. "Are you having a fucking laugh?" His jaw clenches tightly.

"So what? I turned off my phone and didn't call you back!" I find myself rolling my eyes.

"I was worried," Kayden says through gritted teeth.

"I am capable of looking after myself, if I want to turn my phone off and go for a walk I can." My arms fold across my chest.