Chapter Fifty-One

Iris stood on the endless sea. Before her, standing in the distance, was a King Fritz.

"They never should have existed in the first place. I will accept the responsibility of righting this wrong. Only... until the day that this retribution comes, I want to live inside the Walls... I want to enjoy this brief paradise, this world without conflict."

The scene changed – glitched – and the once blue and serene sea turned red, the blue skies were orange, and floating in the water were bodies.

. "Only... until the day that this retribution comes, I want to live inside the Walls... I want to enjoy this brief paradise, this world without conflict."

Iris looked down and saw the bodies, their faces – Isabel, Farlan, Mike, Ness, Nanaba, Erwin, Petra, Maria –

Bodies suddenly floated up to the surface, many more; people that she didn't knew – a gasp of horror came from Iris as the bodies that floated to her feet were people she knew...

"Leon?" She gasped. Another body came to the surface, "Eren... MIkasa... Armin..." bodies continued to float above: Jean, Connie, Sasha, Hange, Pyxis, Historia, Sofia, the Kirschs, Margaret. Then another body came to the surface, floating to her feet, but unlike the other bodies that had their face above, this one was facing the water. Iris knelt down, and with trembling hands she turned the body to see who it was. A loud scream of horror came from Iris as she saw who it was.

"No, no, no, no!" Iris held on to the body. "Papa, no! Papa!"

"Only... until the day that this retribution comes, I want to live inside the Walls... I want to enjoy this brief paradise, this world without conflict."

Iris looked up and saw the King standing before her.

"This is the duty that I will pass on to you, my child."

Iris woke up gasping. Looking around, she found herself not in the open sky, instead, she was in a room – her old room, she felt the surface she was on and felt her soft bed instead of the sea. A knock on the door made Iris jump.

"Iris, wake up, breakfast is ready!" Leon called out from the other side of the door.

Iris got up from bed, she clutched her head in her hand and tried to remember her dream. She ignored Leon's constant banging on her door as she saw the faces of the dead that floated –
The door by force, and standing at the other side was Levi, who seemed to have kicked the door open, and behind him was Leon.

"Thanks, Captain." Leon said, timidly.

"Oi, get up." Levi said. "It's late, breakfast's been ready."

"Yeah..." Iris said and got out of bed. She folded her blanket and straightened the covers of her bed, she walked pass her father and went to the bathroom to splash water on her face, and when she turned to the door, she jumped at the sudden presence of her father. "The hell!"

"Something's wrong." Levi said.

"Nothing's wrong." Iris said.

She was about to walk pass her father, but he blocked her way. Iris glared at her father. It annoyed Levi that she didn't have to crane her neck up to meet his eyes, now that she have gained a few inches and was just about the height of his forehead.

"There's something wrong." Levi said. "Don't even try to hide it... Iris, you need to tell me so I could help."

Iris pursed her lips and sighed.