The National Championship Game

Chloe's P.O.V

It was overtime in the National Championship game. Everyone was on edge as the score was Alabama-20 to Georgia-23. I felt the sudden urge to pee as I stood in the stands with my fellow band members as we watched the game anxiously.

"Who do you think is gonna win, Chloe?" Emery asks me.

I shift uncomfortably from side to side. It was hard to tell. Georgia had been amazing the entire night, and it seemed like no matter how hard Alabama pushed forward, Georgia kept pulling us backward. We had our chance to pull away with our kicker, Dodson, but his kick swerved to the left and missed, seemingly ruining our chances.

It was Alabama's turn. Either we score a touchdown and win, or we rely on Dodson to tie the game for us.

I bounced up and down nervously, waiting for Coach Braxton's decision.

"Do you think we'll attempt to score last minute?" Emery asked me as I watched the game.

"We have to," I bit my lip. "For the Crimson Tide we either go all out or nothing," I said and watched the game unfold.

Alabama was at the forty-yard line, which seemed nearly impossible for us to get a touchdown in one go, but I knew that the Crimson Tide had to at least try.

"They're going for a touchdown," I said excitedly, grabbing onto Emery's arm.

"Fingers crossed let's see who wins," Emery bit his lip, squeezing his eyes shut. "Tell me what happens, okay?"

"Open your eyes and watch the game, Emery," I pushed him playfully. "What kind of Bama fan are you to refuse to watch?"

"You're right," Emery said and opened his eyes. "I have to be strong. LET'S GO CRIMSON TIDE! WOOH!" he shouted, shaking his red and white pompom.

The ball was snapped and now it was our chance.

Walker, our quarterback, ran back and searched for someone to throw it to.

I internally began to freak out, hoping that he would immediately find someone to throw it to but he didn't.

Georgia defensive linemen were on their way to crush him and Walker had to make a quick decision. Walker threw the football, soaring at least forty feet and landed into the arms of number thirteen.

TOUCHDOWN!

The crowd went absolutely wild. I thought that I had heard the worst of it from Bama fans, but clearly, I didn't because the roaring from the crowd was enough to deafen anyone's ears.

Everyone in the band began jumping up and down maniacally before having to play our fight song, and even after we played our fight song the crowd was still going wild.

It didn't take me long to realize that it was Luke who caught the ball and ran with it into the endzone.

Luke. My boyfriend. HE JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR EVERYONE!

I began screaming ecstatically upon this realization. "THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND WHO GOT THAT TOUCHDOWN! THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND Y'ALL!" I yelled to the top of my lungs.

"You wish," Emery laughed, and I laughed with him. He didn't know that I happened to be dating first string wide receiver of the Alabama football team. No one did, except friends and family of course.

Everyone began streamlining down to the football field in celebration. I began following them, not caring that I was leaving the band to go see my boyfriend.

WE JUST WON THE FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

I ran down as fast as I could down the bleachers and stopped just outside of the wall, looking for Luke.

It wasn't until moments later that I saw Luke jogging towards me with his football helmet raised in the air victoriously.

Reporters tried running towards him, but they were no match for how fast he was.

"We won!" he yelled ecstatically at me, his face glistening in sweat but I didn't care. He still managed to be the hottest guy I had ever seen–sweat and all.

"I know!" I squealed as he ran closer.

"I wish you could come down here so I can talk to you better," he smiled brilliantly.

"Why?" I asked sheepishly.

"So I can do this," he said and jumped up the wall. He gently grabbed me by my face and pressed his smooth lips against mine.

It was as if fictional fireworks went off around us as he kissed me. The kiss was tender, sweet and passionate all rolled into one and I got goosebumps from it. I had never been kissed like that before, and I certainly had never felt this way before. My heart was all bubbly and I felt like giggling.

"I love you, Chloe Claire," he said and pulled me against him.

"I love you, Luke Armstrong," I said and stood on my tippy toes to kiss him again.

Thank you to everyone who decided to stick around until the end of this story! It really means a lot! If you would like to help support me and my writing endeavor's I really suggest that you guys check out my Patreon page! I am currently writing the sequel, which will be published I don't know when since it takes a lot of time for me to gather my thoughts and write.

Also important news! An actual artist is drawing Luke and Chloe and I am so excited! I will probably add an extra chapter to this story just for the art which should be finished around August 3rd or so. If I love it enough I should probably change it to the actual book cover when I decide to publish it as an ebook or in print. asoidgasdngaijadskfaidshfdnsfaijt is how I feel right now so see you guys next time!