022

This was the first morning in a couple of days that I woke up in my bed alone beside's King who was scrambling around in the corner of the room trying to catch his own tail. As I laid there quietly listening to the sound of the rain bouncing off my room windows and the sound of car's driving over the wet pavement was oddly soothing, I was almost able to head back to bed until there was a light knock at my door.

"Come in?" I spread my covers over the bed making sure every part of me was covered up.

"Sweetheart?" Dad poked his head in before completely stepping his entire body in to the room and closing the door behind him. "How are you?"

"fine?" I knew he wasn't in here to see how I was so what is it that he wanted? "Can I help you?"

"I'm actually just trying to thank you... the boys sold all the product in half the time, I don't know what it is you said or did but i've never seen them niggas working that hard." He reached in his pocket and threw a stack of money on to my bed.

"I don't want your money dad..."

"It isn't mine... it's your cut." He lingered in the room awkwardly for a moment, "You want to handle some more shit for ya old pops?"

I reached out and grabbed the stack of money counting off the bills, 'There's 520 bucks here.'

"Yeah... I think I could do it a couple more times," PLacing the money on the night stand by my bed and looked back at my father who was now holding King in his arms.

"I do have a question though...."

"Hmm?"

"You remember a while back when I found that condom rapper?" He was now petting King behind his ears and the dog lazily sunk in to his arms enjoying the sensation.

"I think... I think I recall." My heart beat quickened as he brought up the past event that was caused because Dash and I decided to have a little night time fun in the kitchen and I left the wrapper.

"And if you recall Toya took the blame for it?" His eyebrow rose as he began to scan my face for any lies. "Did it belong to you?"

"No!" I protested quickly which was probably a dead give away, "I had nothing to do with that at all! You wan't some blue berry pancakes?"

My dad looked over my face for a few moment and smirked at me but his eyebrows still showed a bit of curiosity. "Ever since you were 7 anytime you did something wrong you made my favorite pancakes."

"Dad! just get out!" I shooed him away and he didn't budge still standing there with the same expression.

"I was just asking... whoever's it was, it's pass now but I still want my pancakes." He turned out of the room with King still in his arms.

After I made Dad his blueberry pancakes. The two of us decided to grab KJ's favorite Chipotle bowl. They decided to keep KJ for a bit longer because his white blood cell count was down and they wanted to monitor him a bit more before releasing him.

Dad flipped through the radio as I drove the two of us away from the chipotle and to the hospital that wasn't too far away. In the corner of my eye, I could see that he was looking at me.

"What are you staring at?"

"I'm just admiring how my baby girl has grown... she's beautiful, smart and kind just like her mother." He cleared his throat before his next comment. "not to mention she has a fiery ass attitude and anger like her parents."

"Thank you...for the first few things you said." I chuckled, "leave my anger alone."

"Alright.. alright." He put his hand up as he sat back in the passenger seat.