12| The Big Dinner (pt. 1)

——————————————————The morning came too early

——————————————————
The morning came too early. The sunlights rays bled through the curtains warming her face. She blinked her eyes open taking in the natural light with a soft groan.

She threw the covers off her, after her mental protest, and got up.

Her feet padded across the floor as she yawned, her hand rubbing her stomach under her shirt.

She took a quick shower and left her hair wet, the water trickling down her back. She put on a hoodie and some black shorts walking downstairs.

She was especially hungry today so she wanted to actually make it to breakfast.

She gripped the firm wooden railing and walked down the stairs, her foot pressing into the cold marble waking up her body.

She yawned and jumped off the last step putting her hands in the hoodie pockets. She saw Ryder leaning against the island holding a waffle in his mouth as he looked at his phone.

Kat chuckled at the sight of him having a whole waffle in his mouth. She put her fingers to her lips and giggled. He looked up and met her eyes hearing the sweet sound, she couldn't help but notice how his face brighten at the sight of her.

Kats eyes then traveled down his bare muscular chest. His body was literally carved like a Greek god. And Jesus he was wearing grey sweatpants low on his hips exposing his defined v-line, she was convinced he was teasing her on purpose at this point.

He could just be her breakfast.

He ran a hand through his messy dark brown hair pulling his fingers through the waves, "Hey." His words were muffled by the waffle that he pulled out and retried his words, "Hey." He said clearly.

She nodded to his plate of waffles and puffed out her bottom lip, "can I have-"

"No." He yanked them away quickly. She deflated and her shoulders fell, a pout formed on her full lips.

He stared at her for a moment before rolling his eyes "Here I got these for you cause I thought you'd miss breakfast." He grabbed another plate form behind him she couldn't see or notice over his broad shoulders and toned chest.

He slid a hot plate of French toast to her and she nearly melted at the sight. The fluffy thick browned toast had golden brown syrup oozing down the sides and pooling on the plate. Powdered sugar was dusted over the top with a slice of butter. It was actually picture perfect.

"Oh my god I think I just came." She groaned and grabbed the plate greedily.

Ryder snickered, "Now me and the French toast made you do that."

She glared at him and bit her French toast slowly, "ha ha." She said with a mouth full.

"By the way, look at this." He tossed a fancy envelope to her. She chewed and picked it up looking at the fancy gold detailing.