twenty-six

a/n uHm. enjoy the beginning drama cause this thing is getting boring since they aren't dating yet or whatever. <3 and ngl the beginning makes like no sense because its so poorly written, but lets go along with it. ya?

also, this is a small little trigger warning. it made me really uncomfortable and sad writing it so... (its towards the end of this update)

--

richie was jogging to the kaspbrak household trying to get there quickly. when he got there he noticed that sonia's car was not parked out front, so he assumed she was out doing something.

richie walked up to the front door and tried to open it, and surprisingly it was open. he walked into the house and went for eddie's bedroom. when walked in, he got excited. (dude idk 😂) richie tried to look for some sort of bag that he could but any necessary clothes into. although he had no such luck. not wanting to waste time, he went for a random drawer to pack. of course he opened the underwear and sock drawer and a dark blush formed on his face. 

embarrassed, he just put his hand into the drawer and pulled out a handful of underwear and threw it onto the bed, still made from the last time eddie slept there. richie grabbed another handful and put it in the same spot, then he retrieved multiple pairs of socks and did the same. richie basically got all of the clothes that seemed to be eddie's favourites, or necessary because of the temperature. he finished getting all the things that eddie would need for now and went back to looking for a bag. he looked under eddie's bed, and around the room but didn't find anything. richie finally went to eddie's closet and found a duffel bag stuffed into a corner of the closet. he quickly put everything into the bag, including a book that was on eddie's nightstand with a light blue bookmark hanging out of it. richie was about to leave when he heard sonia's car pull into the driveway.

"shit." richie mumbled as he quickly and quietly went to go out of the window. but there was a screen covering a way in or out of it. 

"double shit."

he thought about maybe taking a run for it. richie clearly remembers there being a back door in the kitchen that he could run out of and sneak out of the back yard. he shrugged. it was an option. 

well, it was the only thing he could do.

it was either run for the door, or get his ass handed to him by an old cranky fat woman. i think i like the door option. he thought. so while sonia was still parking richie quickly ran out of eddie's room.

completely forgetting the bag. 

richie was halfway down the stairs when he realized that the whole reason he had come to this house, was no longer with him. so, of course, he ran back to the room to get the bag. he had now less time to reach the door without mrs. k realizing. richie jumped off of the staircase when there were about 5 stairs left. it reminded him of doing that all the time in grade two. fun times. right?

he was about to open the door when sonia walked into the house and saw the tall lanky boy. she quickly dropped the grocery bags and ran to him. "where is my boy?" she asked him. "you stupid little babysitter! answer me!" she yelled pushing richie onto the ground. 

"i-" richie started. no wonder eddie wanted to stay at my place for a bit. he thought. 

"well?" richie sat frozen. the question felt like a trap. if he answered honestly, she would probably hit him, and yell and eddie for not telling her and staying somewhere with a 'complete stranger'. but if he lied, richie was certain sonia could smell it. and she would do the same thing. either way, richie and eddie probably wouldn't be able to have the day that richie had planned. 

sonia threw her hand back and slapped the boy straight across the face. the wedding ring that she still wore cutting richie's cheekbone. he winced in pain. "i swear if i do not hear you tell me where my boy is right now, i will kill you." she went to hit him again. 

richie quickly shook and waved his hands in the air. "no no, please! he's at school! the school! i promise ma'am!" he flinched and covered his face. 

"what are doing to my little boy? are you hurting him? he's already a fag. and don't suggest you hang with him if you don't want to catch it." she spat. richie had tears in his eyes, his bottom lip trembling. oh god how badly he wanted to hit her for saying that. 

"t-take that b-back." richie mumbled. 

she snorted. "don't tell me you're a little faggot too?"

he closed his eyes tightly, a few tears running down his cheeks. 

"wow, you are aren't you?" the woman spat. she slapped him, blood starting the flow from his cheek. "how is it gonna feel when your father finds out about this? cause i'm sure he wouldn't be too happy to find out what a disgusting thing you have turned out to be now would he?"

"m-my father doesn't even live in maine anymore." 

sonia roared in laughter. "me and good ol' wenty talk still. and i'm sure he would come back just to give you a good beating till you get healthy again." the woman gripped richie's floral shirt by the collar and pulled him back up to face her. she spat in his face, his eyes quickly shutting close and cringed in disgust. she threw him back down onto the floor and walked away. 

"i don't expect to see you around my boy again or i will absolutely destroy your little faggot ass."

richie was left trembling in shock and pain. he wiped the tears and sonia's saliva off of his face. some of the nasty clear liquid getting onto his cut. he groaned at the way it stung. richie got off the ground and walked out of the house. 

"this is house if a fucking nightmare." he wanted to scream but whispered as he left.

--

a/n im sorry :/ 

(if you are reading this, you are beautiful and deserve the absolute world and so much happiness. i love you <3)

-caylin