xx. TODDFATHER

ICARUS AND Steve stand behind the counter at one of the fast food restaurant, talking quietly amongst themselves. "Chris says he's gonna go with his little sister.." Icarus whispers and Steve looks at him. "And it's me and you, right? No matter what, wherever.." Steve says and Icarus nods.

"Of course.. wherever Dustin drags us to next.." He says with a small smile and Steve smiled back. "Steve.. if one of us dies, will we come back to haunt the other at least?" He asked and Steve just chuckles, reaching out and grabbing Icarus' hand. He can tell Icarus was asking it in a joking tone.

"You're not dying, I'm not either.." He says then leaned in, kissing Icarus. "Because if you do, I'll die with you." He says and Icarus just looks down. "I-I know, but.. what if we do?" He looks up and Steve just looks at him for a couple of seconds. This time, Icarus was serious, like he was scared of it.

Then he sighed, looking away. "If you're worried about me.." He paused then looked up at Icarus again. "You don't have to be.. And you, you're fine, you're going to be fine. You were so badass that year when you went Demogorgon hunting with Nancy and Jonathan, and especially last year when you and I went against those weird Demo-dogs." He says and Icarus just nods his head.

He looks at Steve again and smiled. "You're right.." He says and Steve nodded. "Of course I am." He says with a small smile as Dustin, Erica and Robin then walked over to them. As soon as Dustin told them the plan, they started to leave the food court and head to the doors where the car was.

"Oh, man, now this.. this is what I'm talking about!" Steve says as he pointed to the car. "Toddfather?" Robin read the license plate out loud. "Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now." He said as he and Icarus got into the front seats, him in the driver's seat and Icarus in the passenger seat.

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Icarus asked as Steve settled into his seat. "Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica asked as they got into the back seat of the car. "Alright, where are we going?" Steve asked, ignoring them.

"Weathertop." Dustin says in response and Icarus looks at Steve. "Weather-what?" Steve glanced back at the boy. "Just drive!" Dustin exclaims and Steve starts the car. "Okay. Jesus!" He says and then backed up the car before driving off.

"Jesus, how far is this place, man?" Steve asked and Icarus looks at him. "Steve, relax," he says and Dustin nods. "We're almost there." He explained. "Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin said from the back seat where she was sitting with Erica between her and Dustin. "I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?" Robin added after.

"I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's about as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin said and Icarus smiles. "Dustin, that's really swe—" "she sounds made-up to me." Erica said, cutting him off.

"She sound made-up to you?" She asked Steve and Steve took a second, not saying anything. "Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin asked him. "I'm—I'm—I'm not! I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." Steve says and Icarus just rolls his eyes at his response.

"Left. Turn left." Dustin says and Steve looks. "There's not a road here." He says. "Turn left now!" Dustin yelled and Icarus sighs, rolling his eyes. "Jesus, hang on!" Steve yelled before turning the car completely where they crash past a wooden fence, "Henderson, where are we going?!"

"Up!"

"Oh, Jesus!" Steve yelled as they started to drive up a hill. "We're not gonna make it!" Robin yelled. "Yes, we are! Come on, baby. Come on, baby." Steve kept yelling as he kept going but the car stopped, the engine straining. "Come on!" Steve yells, "come on, come on," he says, pressing down onto the gas pedal more harder. "Come on!"

"Guess the Toddfather has its limitations." Icarus said making Steve look at him right away. He gives up and puts the car in park before they all started to get out of the car, Steve turning off the engine.

"Bald Eagle, do you copy?" Dustin asked into the radio. "Bald Eagle, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop, do you copy?" He repeated. "Yes, I copy." Murray says in response and Dustin chuckles, glancing up at Steve, Icarus and Robin. "Call sign?"

"Bald Eagle." Murray says as Icarus smiles widely. "Please repeat." Dustin says. "Bald Eagle. This is Bald Eagle!" Murray says, sounding annoyed. "Copy that. Good to hear your voice, Bald Eagle. What's your 20?" Dustin said into the radio.

"We reached the vent. I'll contact you when I need you. Until then, silence." Murray says in response. "Roger that, Bald Eagle. This is Scoops Troop, going radio silent. 10-10, over." Dustin says before looking up at Steve who pats his shoulder.

"Scoops Troop, this is.. hm. Bald Eagle. I've reached a junction." Murray says as Steve and Icarus stood nearby, Robin sitting with Erica and Dustin. "The fourth junction." Erica says.

"Alright, so if memory serves, this is right after the My Little Pony thesis." Dustin said as Steve walks away, "We went left, so he has to go right." Erica says to him, "Right." Dustin says at the same time as her before holding up his radio. "Fly right, Bald Eagle." He says and Icarus just smiled.

"Fly right."

"Roger that, flying right."

"What's the My Little Pony thesis?" Robin asked and Erica looks at her. "Don't get him started." She says and Icarus gives a confused look. "Get him started? Just tell me—" "Hey, guys?" Steve said and they all look over at him right away.

They get up as Icarus jogs over to him, stopping right next to him. In the distance, they can see what was going on at the mall, the lights going off and on. They run back over to the radio, Dustin picking up the radio. "Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Do you copy? Over!" He shouted.

"Griswold Family, I repeat, this is Scoops Troop. Do you copy?" Dustin said and all they hear is growling. "Griswold Family, do you copy? Do you copy?!" Dustin said into the radio and all they get in response is roaring. "Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop. Please confirm your safety! Griswold Family, this is Scoops Troop! Please confirm your safety! Are you wn route to Bald Eagle's nest?"

Dustin keeps trying to get in contact with them, but still no response so Icarus just stood up, his eyes wide as he's looking at them. "I'm going!" He says before running. "Icarus!" Steve said, getting up as well to run after him. "Stay here! Contact the others!" Steve shouted over his shoulder as he and Icarus run over to the car they used to get here.

Robin got up as well, but stops and turns around when Dustin yells to her. He throws her his supercomm. "Keep in contact." He says and she nods before running to the car and getting in before Steve and Icarus even started the car. Icarus was the one in the driver's seat, driving this time.

authors note the gay trio be like: we finna save them✋😌✨
steve said "weather-what?" when dustin said weathertop, because he isn't a top.
just the facts.

😎
✌️| ✌️
/\

also two more chapters after this ha