Chapter 6

Michael was back on the dark abyss again.

His consciousness barely there at all. He was steadily floating in the air with his body unmoving.

But then a presence joined him in the dark abyss. The person who joined him seemed to be completely aware of what was currently happening unlike Michael.

The person slowly approached him, with curiosity lit up on the man's red eyes.

He placed his hand over Michael's chest and a glowing golden orb appeared on his hand and the man brought it closer for inspection.

The glowing orb was as big as a small sized globe. It was golden in color with wisps of white mixed in a swirling motion. The orb was bright enough to illuminate the dark abyss where they were currently at.

A small smile appeared on the mans lips as he continued to observe it.

"A bright and rare soul"

The man said with his voice clearly showing his fondness for the soul that was in his hand.

Sadness then overshadowed his eyes and he let the soul return back towards Michael's body.

So darkness returned once again in the abyss.

"Sorry, but I must do this to you"

The man apologize towards Michael, even though he knew the other man couldn't hear him.

"You can hate me for this.......but please save them, save my people"

With that as his final words, the man placed his hand over his own chest then a black orb came out.

The man looked at his own soul with a wistful look. He then shredded it, to the point of it turning into small black shreds.

The bits of darkness entered Michael's body. And he glowed for a while before returning back to normal.

The man looked down at Michael with an expression of happiness mixed with the sadness of knowing he won't be their anymore to see his plan put into action.

By destroying his soul and letting Michael's own soul absorb it. His soul can serve as a base so that Michael can learn to control his powers more and grow more powerful than his past self. So that, the chances of Michael saving his country is higher.

He then noticed how his hands started disappearing. Like a ghost silhouette.

It will actually take a while though...............for him to complete disappear.

So with that in mind, he snapped his finger and a bed as well as a chair appeared. The furnitures were colored black like the abyss they were in.

He pushed Michael's body towards the bed and made the magic that allowed Michael's body float stop.

With a soft thud, Michael was now comfortably resting on the bed, while the man sat on the chair he created earlier and let himself relax, but then he saw that half of his fingers were now transparent nothings.

His feet was disappearing too but he didn't feel any fear towards disappearing at all and just waited for his existance to vanish.

He looked at Micheal who was peacefully laid on the bed with serene eyes.

He let himself smile again. An action he wasn't able to do in his life. He then summoned a book and begun to read by flipping the pages with magic.

This was a favorite book of his since he was a child. It was the first book he read that wasn't related to any of his lessons.

He remembered at how felt like he was doing something very illegal rather than actually just opening a book back then.

He chuckled and then tears started to spill from his eyes.

The clear liquid continued to stream down on his face and he let out a rattled sob.

He didn't know what was happening to him. He was used to not letting his emotions overtake him, so he always kept them locked up deep inside of him.

But now, knowing that everything was going to be okay. He can finally let them all out.

The fear and grief of knowing how his precious people and citizens suffered and died. The endless nights he tried to find a way to stop it all, to make them survive.

All the blood he shed to protect them, the souls of the innocents still lingering on his mind, whispering curses and things he doesn't want to remember.

The feeling when all the work he did was left for nought when the human warriors attacked his palace and killed them all.

They tried to protect him at all cost.

But he was their king!

He was supposed to protect them but he was still the last person they ended up killing.

He cried it all out and after he stopped crying, 2/3 of his body was now nothing but light silhouette.

He looked back at Michael who was still borderline in a coma like status, not waking up even when he loudly cried earlier.

He reached towards Michael but then remembered that he didn't have his hands anymore.

He spent his moments reminiscing of the happy parts of his past. There were only quite few, so he cherished every single one.

Then a sudden pain overwhelmed him.

He knew it was his time to go now. So with the last smile he let himself completely disappear.

The Demon king, the kind ruler of Demon realm who put on the mask of evil to protect his people is no more.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Or he was supposed to be.

But then to his surprise he saw his soul which were in shreds get out Michael's body. The small bits of darkness started to form back into an orb.

His eyes went wide when he saw his soul completed once again. Then he received a double shock when Michael's own soul came out and mixed with his. The orb that became the result was colored grey with wisps of gold. After combining together, the orb then cut itself in half and two new identical orbs were made and it entered Michael's without any resistance.

Now Michael's soul merged with his own.

Not the kind of merge which made the two of them into one being. This was a kind of merge that made them mix in the same soul space to protect his own soul from disappearing by making them one then separating again.

He cried all over again. Now he wasn't going to disappear from existence.

So with a low grateful chuckle he let himself be placed within Michael's soul space and rest his eyes. After all, he doesn't know how long it will take before his own soul orb completely stabilizes and allows him to make a body of his own in the future.

He may actually be able to help in making his plan worked in the future after all.