Chapter 23: Honestly Happy

- Xavier's POV

"Angel, come with me!" 

I stand back and watch as my son tugs on her hand causing both of us to giggle at him. I watch mesmerized at the coupling in front of me. She loves and cares for him and he embraces her as if she is his own mother. Currently he is tugging her to our backyard towards the beach. Her long blond hair getting whisked away in the wind and her jean shorts showing off her long toned bronzed legs. My son is smiling ear to ear still tugging on her hand while I trail behind them. How I got so lucky for her to be in our lives, I will never know but I don't plan on letting her go. I can't believe how strong the woman in front of me is. The strength to leave your love ones to protect them takes a lot of courage and to go through the obsessive relationship she was in... 

"Dad, are you coming?" 

I look up to realize they are already standing near the ocean when I apparently stopped to watch them. I nod my head and begin jogging down to my son's side holding his other hand giving him a bright smile. I look up and lock eyes with my sweetheart who gives me a beautiful smile. God, she is mine. We begin walking along the waves while the ocean traces over our feet lifting Luca each time the ocean tides come in. I feel complete and content for the first time... ever. 

"Angel, can I ask you something?" Luca ask after we begin walking back towards our home tugging her arm. She nods her head and drops to his level while I watch the interaction. He whispers in her ear and her eyes go wide and panic for a moment looking up at me before blinking rapidly and looking back towards Luca. She takes a deep breath and smiles brightly at him.

"I am honored lil man, but I need to make sure you dad doesn't mind okay?" Luca nods his head and hugs her tightly which she returns. He releases her and runs back into the house. She stands back up wiping her palms on her shorts before looking at me. 

"What would I mind?" I question raising an eyebrow at her. She clears her throat and I can see her face looking nervous before she finally locks her eyes with mine. 

"He asked if he could call me mom?" She drops her gaze and rubs her hands together. My eyes go wide quite surprized and I look towards the door that my son just ran into. I blink and shake my head to look back at her. Is she nervous about my reaction? or her answer to his question?

"How do you feel about that?" I asked clearing my own throat. 

"Honestly... happy." She smiles towards the door. "I love Luca and want to give him love like a mother should." She looks back towards me while I put my hands on her hips and gently tug her towards me. "I just don't want to overstep my-"

I kiss her hard and she gasped allowing me access to her mouth. I dive in and grab the back of her neck. I feel her hands rest on my chest before gently gripping my shirt to pull me just as close to her. Mmm... divine. I release her and rest my forehead against her. I stare into her darkening eyes that are trying to focus on me. 

"I would not want anyone else to be called his mother, the woman who gave birth to him does not have that right." I peck her once more before continuing. "I already feel like you are." I whisper watching her expression relax and smile at me causing me to grin. She tugs on my shirt pulling my lips to connect with her once again. 

"Thank you Xavier." She whispers back. She has no reason to be thanking me when she is bringing me nothing but happiness...

-Heather's POV

"Hey lil Man, got a second?" I ask peaking my head back in his room. He runs up to me and hugs me around my waist. I smile down at the incredible boy and wrap my arms around him. He releases me and I kneel down in front of him. "I talked to your dad and he is okay with it." 

He smiles and quickly hugs me again. I chuckle but pull him tightly against me. "Do you want to play with me Angel?" 

"I will in just a few minutes, I just need to make a quick call okay?" He nods and heads back to the puzzle table he was sitting at. I walk over to his window and pull out my phone to dial Cami. 

"Hey H, so am I flying solo tonight?" 

"Yea, I think I am going to stay here tonight." I smile thinking about the boys who have taken my heart.

"I'm happy for you H." 

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Oh shoot girl, you need to be more worried about that box of pizza in our fridge." I chuckle listening to her talk about her food

"Mom, come on!" I look down to see Luca tugging at my jeans.

"MOM?" Cami squeals into the phone "OH MY GOD, I'M AN AUNT!

"I'll explain later Cami, love ya sis." I cut the call before she yells again turning back to Luca. "So what are we doing lil man?" 

"Who was that?" He ask looking up at me questionably. 

"That was my best friend. Her name is Cami." 

"Oh, so she is my aunt then?" He ask.

"If you want her to be then she can be... That's up to you." I state while attempting the puzzle in front of me. He just shrugs. "I think you'll like her." 

We sit there for awhile he talks about anything and everything. I giggle as he gets excited talking about all his action figures. I can't believe that I am letting my guard down... I just hope I don't hurt him in the end. I shake my head of the thoughts. I set back while he explains the action figures abilities to me. I begin to feel tired and Luca notices because he tells me to get on his bed. I giggle at him pointing to the bed demanding I lay down. He tucks me in and kisses my forehead. I watch him for a few minutes return to his puzzle before I feel my eyelids grow heavy and decide to give into that nap.