67

Certain Things - James Arthur 

"And there's certain things that I adore. And there's certain things that I ignore. But I'm certain that I'm yours." 

ISABELLA

I couldn't seem to get Harry's question out of my mind. His proposition to move in with him was tempting. Very tempting. But there was still a part of me that was screaming "It's too soon".  Was it though? 

Harry and I had been together for seven months now. That wasn't even a year yet! It felt rushed. My heart was screaming to take the chance. To do something that I wouldn't have ever done before back in New York. Last year, moving in with a boyfriend of less than a year would have been pure idiocy. My mind was shouting no. The risk was too high. Moving in would make it serious. Extremely serious. There was a difference between playing house and actually living in the same one. 

Was I ready for this step? Most of all, were we ready for this step? Our last fight had almost caused us to break up. We weren't on steady ground. I wasn't sure if moving in together would be the most healthiest decision for our relationship. 

Or maybe it could be. Maybe it was what we needed to take this seriously. No more secrets. No more lies. No other people- just us. Harry and Izzy. Izzy and Harry. Us and only us. 

My mind was a mess. Clouded judgement making it's way over my body. Everything was fuzzy. My uncertainty was a clear red flag that us living together would not be a good idea. I wasn't one to listen to the warning signs. I had a tendency to avoid them and to do it anyway; even if it was a stupid decision. 

Why was this so hard? 

I knew that I didn't have to make my decision right away. After our milkshake fight, Harry once again made it clear that I could take my time deciding. He didn't need to know right away.

However, I did know that Jaz and I's yearly lease on the apartment was coming to an end. Two weeks to be specific. I had two weeks to decided if I wanted to continue living here with Jaz, or if I wanted to take the risk and move in with Harry. 

I clear my mind of these impending decisions, turning back to the pile of books that needed to be sorted. Robert had a shipment of new novels. A new romantic series. It was claimed to be the new 50 Shades of Grey. I skimmed over the back cover, intrigued by it's plot. I wasn't one for an erotic novella geared towards middle aged women, but there was something about it that intrigued me. Perhaps it was time to expand from my classic literature and into something more... raunchy and exciting? 

I open the book, turning the crisp new pages, and settling for the first page. Over the next few moments, I get carried away into the life of two risqué characters. I felt my cheeks flush over the explicit details of the characters sexual escapades. Their love was raw. Animalistic. Something that I had never witnessed first hand. 

Unable to keep up, I quickly close the book. "Wow," I breathe. With a shake of my head, I continue to place the books in it's new spot. Ignoring the x-rated ideas that begin to flutter into my mind of things I could try with Harry. I wasn't one to initiate more exciting sexual adventures. 

Ty had been rather enthusiastic when it came to sex. He hadn't been shy with his body. His confidence rubbing off of me whenever we would spend time together. We had explored different things; ranging from edible treats to more... visual stimulations. He opened me up to the world of sex. Introducing me to the act. 

Chase, rather, was vanilla. He had preferred to stick to the wholesome "love making" as you will. Granted we were only together for a few months, he didn't excite me as much as I had hoped for. The most exciting thing we'd try would be sex in the morning. It lacked thrill. Excitement.