Special: The Poor Boy Won't Fall

Ash de Boren Cyllia POV

I clenched the measly piece of bread in my hands and ran as far as my legs could take me.

There was no need to look behind me.

I knew they were there.

Their footsteps rung louder than my own racing heartbeat.

I need this stolen food to survive. 

If I'm caught, I'll be beaten.

Heh.

When I was little, my life was easy. Actually, I was the rich heir to the baron family, a noble family.

It was the easiest time of my life.

When I wanted something, I got my hands on it. If there was something I didn't want, it was disposed of.

I never hated my life or struggled to survive. Life was too easy. 

So, I received retribution.

Even though we were technically the lowest noble class, we had a lot of power and money.

Jealous nobles took action to destroy my family. They burned my house and stole our family heirlooms.

But even after all of that, they didn't stop.

At the very end of the fiery sage, they killed my two parents. 

They tried to kill me, of course, but they couldn't.

I ran away with my magic, stealth.

Unlike the other magic attributes, stealth affects the user's body.

Basically, I could walk through walls or objects.

No matter how hard they tried, they could never find me because I would always run away.

But no one thought that I would survive anyway even if I ran away free. Actually, my whole family was pronounced dead including me.

So who would believe a random kid in tattered clothes that they are the sole survivor?

No one.

In the end, a commoner family was framed for the whole ordeal and was executed.

As I think back to that day, I realized that I didn't care about my parents' lives as much as I should have. In fact, I think I was only caring about myself.

I do love my parents. I just cared about my life more than theirs. 

Simple.

But now that they're gone, I would give anything to see them again. I'm pretty stupid, aren't I?

I only care about myself and it's always been this way.

I'm selfish.

Right now, I ran through the slums and turned the nearest corner I could see. 

After turning the corner, I would use my magic to run through walls in order for it to seem like I disappeared.

No commoner would believe that a person stealing their bread would have magic. Only nobles have magic and they wouldn't steal food.

After I couldn't hear my pursuers anymore, I stopped running and deactivated my magic. My magic was limited, after all.

I charged through one last wall before stopping. But waiting for me on the other side of a brick wall was a man wearing expensive clothing.

The man's eyes widened when he saw me appear through the wall.

I froze.

It was a nobleman.