Chapter 13 - Sweet dream

Ophelia lowers herself into the warm and hot water as she sighs. She could feel all of her stress leaving her body as she began to relax in the hot tub. The smell of lavender fills the air in her bedroom. She could see in her sight her small burrito on the bed with his arms reaching upwards to grab Sandhya's hair that came undone from her bun who's currently struggling to make him wear his onesies with his playfulness.

Resting her eyes, Ophelia leaned her head against the tub. She began to think about everything that had happened to her that led to where she was now. Her marriage and the birth of a son that she recalled nothing in the making. Her memories of her previous life as a modern woman and the life she had now inside an otome game. Her mission to prevent the destruction of the world that somehow have something to do with the heroine of the story.

Well, if she must make a plan, for now, her priority was her son and the children of her best friends'. Unlike her girlfriends, she had lived both of her life without any mother figures. She does have nannies and teachers who care for her greatly and treat her as their own but somehow, she could only see them as close friends.

It had nothing to do with her honouring the woman who carries her for nine whole months and passed away giving birth to her. She saw portraits of her mother growing up and her father was more than happy to talk about her. However, she saw no reason to feel attach to a woman she knows nothing about or seeing older women as her mother. She has her father all throughout her childhood and that was fine even though he was rarely present in her teenage years.

At the end of the day, she still has no idea how to raise a child.

"Sandhya."

"Yes, milady."

"Do you know how to raise a child?"

There was no answer from Sandhya for awhile and for a second there she thought she hadn't heard her until soft footsteps that she recognized as Sandhya's walk toward her tub. Some rustling sound settled close to her, "Is that what you were worried about, milady? Not knowing how to raise the young prince?"

Tilting her head, her eyes settled on Sandhya's, "You know me since I was a girl, Sandhya. And to be honest, I'm scared. I don't know anything about raising a child. I don't even know if I would be a great mother. What if I messed up? What if I said something wrong and what if whatever I said scarred him for life? What if he made a bad choice and suffered from it for the rest of his life?"

Saying out loud what she concerned the most only add more scenarios to her never-ending list. But somehow, her sheer concern was amusing to Sandhya as she began to laugh. Ophelia looked at her friend offendedly. Were her fears amusing to her?

"Aren't you a little too late to be worried about that, my Empress? The prince has already been born."

"Sandhya, I'm serious right now."

Sandhya's laughter was reduced to a content sigh however her brown eyes managed to reflect the mirth that was still remained.

"I've told you before and I'll tell you again. Parenting is like planting seeds in a garden you never get to see. You care and love for it in hopes that it'll grow strong and beautiful so that other people will admire it. There will never be rest for you. For every moment are precious and rare. You make mistakes along the way and it's alright. Parenting is both practice and learning. Both parties play a part. As long there's love, understanding and patience, you'll do just fine."

There was a moment of silence for her to take every word in. There were some words that managed to settle a part of her worries. But there were some thoughts that still linger in her mind.

"It's alright, milady. The prince is still a baby. All he needs is milk, a change of diaper, sleep and repeat. Perhaps a stroll every evening. We'll both figure it out together. You're never alone, milady."

She smiled at that. The fact that she was not alone on raising Peter manage to ease her fears.

"Plus, the Emperor seems to know what he's doing. Both of them seemed to be in a comfortable relationship with one another."

Her relaxation ended immediately after hearing his name. The thought that he was a better parent than she irks her to no end.

"Perhaps he already has some experienced on that matter", she got out from the tub. The cold air sends shivers on her body. Sandhya passed her a towel to dry off as she walks towards the corner of the room to change into her nightgown.

"Milady, don't say that! His highness cares only for you", Sandhya managed to sound offended at her words even though she herself knew that it wouldn't be surprising if the man decides to marry again and crown the poor girl -Is she? - as his queen, the second most powerful woman after herself.

"Does he? Perhaps he only saw Peter as his first heir and that's why he cares so much. His prodigy. His legacy", stepping out from the shadows fully clothed. Ophelia passed the wet towel to Sandhya who took it.

Looking at the said topic of their conversation, Peter was looking at both of them with heavy eyelids. He let out an adorable small yawn. Sleep finally won over him as he began to breathe slower.

Ophelia reaches for burrito gently and carefully in fear of waking him up. Slowly she placed him inside his crib next to her bed. She watched him as he sleeps and commits every detail of him to her mind. The rise and fall of his small fragile chest. His curled fingers. His closed eyelids that hide the same shade of her crimson eyes. His small perfectly shaped nose. His grey hair was that man.

She couldn't predict the future and she knows all too well there are just some things that she couldn't protect him from but that doesn't mean she wouldn't try.

"Sleep well, my sweet boy. Sweet dreams."

Me currently TBH...

Writing is hard, okay

Writing is hard, okay... And life sucks...