one word, four letters

"I'll be the one who stays for you."

Jennie remembered what Jisoo had uttered that night. The words coming from Jisoo's mouth became her stars in the evening sky, it kept her up, looking at them until she was longer aware humans needed to fall asleep. Jisoo's arms were around her, holding her, and all Jennie wanted that morning was to wake up to the same touch, wake up to the same face.

If she were to open her eyes to Jisoo after she would drift into the realm of sleep, Jennie would never hesitate to close her eyes, because she knew Jisoo would be there once she would open them.

Jennie reached out for one of Jisoo's hands that was on her back and sled it upfront. She took her hand and placed it on her chest, where her heart was, where it aches for Jisoo the most. Jennie did not know if it would mend her, or break her all over again, but it was adequate to her heart's craving for her.

"Do you feel that, Jisoo? Can't you feel how much it beats because of you?"

And Jisoo woke up just then, and in the sunlight enclosed Jennie in a tighter embrace, smiling drowsily at her, but her eyes still closed.

"Good morning, Jennie." And it melted Jennie's heart.

When Jennie met Jisoo's eyes, she walked in on love with a little bit more certainty to her steps. "Good morning, Jisoo."

Jisoo had only noticed that her other hand was pressed above Jennie's chest. But she didn't retrieve her hand back, because she felt Jennie's skin slowly unwrap itself to reveal her heart. It whispered foreign languages that she still had yet to understand. Every beat manifested a solemn imagery of Jennie's emotional passion for her, but still, she had yet to understand.

And now, looking at Jennie made Jisoo tingly all over, her body, her heart, her very limbs. And they found their faces close once again, their lips now comets that are close enough to collide, but shy enough to pierce the galaxy that was between them. But Jennie proved to be a sorcerer's spell as Jisoo found herself being coaxed towards her.

She had her eyes on Jennie's lips as their noses have now acquainted themselves with each other. Jisoo would not deny she was overwhelmed with a strong affection for Jennie, she had said words that expressed it. She knew that kind of affection too well. It exceeded the dimension of a platonic one.

Their lips grazed against each other to a slight extent. Their intimate contact was buried under the skin of the Earth, they barely had their lips touching, but they felt the magic of it move like magma, slow but it burned their insides.

But it ended before it could even begin.

Grace, their very own personal interrupter, had once again lived up to her title as she opened the door. Jisoo and Jennie's heads repelled almost like the same signs of a magnet would, but they still felt the advance of the magma underneath their skins, somewhere near their hearts.

Jisoo was about to say something when she noticed the little bundle Grace had in her arms.

"It's time for you to meet the baby."

Grace came closer to Jennie and revealed the baby girl that had remained hidden for the past nine months.

Jennie took Lisa and held her close to her chest. Her cheeks were white with a splash of red. She smelled of fresh air, and her favorite vanilla scent. This was heaven wrapped up in her daughter.

"I love you." Jennie looked deeply at her daughter's face.

The doctor came in after Grace. "Good morning, Ms. Kim. Since you are done with your observations after your heart stopped last night, we are going to start breastfeeding, is that fine with you?"