Chapter 18

What is something from your childhood that shaped you into the person that you are today?

Blair's POV

"Breakfast is amazing, Kelly," I said as I took a bit of my smoked chicken and poached eggs on toast. 

"I am glad that you like it, Mrs Niarchos," she said as she wiped the kitchen counter. 

"Kelly, please call me Blair. I really mean it," I said.

"Ok Blair, you are not going to let it go now, are you," she asked and I simply shook my head. 

"Did you have any preferences for lunch, today," she asked me as she grabbed her notebook. 

"How about chicken wraps? I haven't had those in so long," I said as I already felt my mouth watering just by the thought of it. 

"Sure, it will be ready by noon, Blair," she said as she gave me a smile.

Just then, my phone started ringing and it was Liliana calling. I quickly wiped my hands on the paper towel and I immediately picked up. 

"Hey sister," I said excitedly. "Oh hello Mrs Niarchos," she said in a teasing way. 

"Come on not even you," I said as I sighed. 

"Anyways, I wanted to ask you something," she said as I heard the kids screaming in the background.

"Yea, what is it," I said as I took another bite of my food. 

"Do you want to come with me and the kids to the dog shelter," she asked me. 

"Oh yea, I don't have anything to do today anyway. I miss the kids too," I said as I felt the excitement of seeing the kids today. 

"They have been asking to come and see you since the wedding. Oh but Sophie is spending time with my mother-in-law though so she won't be here," she said making me feel a bit bummed that I won't see Sophie. 

"Oh no I was wanting to spend time with her as well," I muttered. 

"She does too. Anyways, I'll come pick you up in 30 minutes. Will you be ready by then," she asked me. 

"Yea I'll be ready. See you then," I said before we said goodbye. 

After washing the dishes, I went upstairs and got ready. 

"Mrs Reeds, how are you," I asked her as I saw her while I was walking down the stairs

"Oh dear, I am doing great. What about you," she asked as she gave me a smile. 

"I am feeling amazing," I said. 

I walked to the kitchen, following Mrs Reeds.

"Have you been settling in nicely," she asked me as she started sweeping the floor.