Chapter 14 | You Got Arrested?!

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

The stench of stale coffee fills the air. The sound of metals bars opening and shutting echoes around the police station. Shouting comes from detainees who are being shoved into holding cells, clearly not happy with being arrested. Sighing, I lean my head back against the wall of the jail cell I'm sharing with Dylan, who has a black eye. Aiden, who has a busted lip and Nick who has a bruise forming on his cheek like me. This is not how I envisioned the past twenty-four hours. We should be back at the cabin right now, packing and getting some shuteye before heading back tomorrow.

So, how did we go from being at the carnival and having a good time to being held in a jail cell for twenty-four hours? Good question.

"Seriously? You wait for the girls to leave and corner me. Some friends you guys are."

The guys had immediately jumped to ask me about the kiss Ava and I shared last night as soon as the girls went to the toilets before we planned to head back to the cabin.

"Come on man, have you two even talked about the kiss?" Aiden questioned and crossed his arms.

"Yeah...I mean, kind of. I asked her if we're ok and she said we are," I shrugged, knowing we hadn't exactly talked about it. It was kind of like a silent agreement to not talk about it. Had I wanted to? Yeah, but I didn't know if she wanted to.

"I swear you two are the only ones who don't see it. It's clear you're into each other," Dylan scoffed, and I rolled my eyes. That's what the guys had said for ages, and I would not deny that I was attracted to Ava. We had spent a lot of time together and we had become good friends.

"Man up," Nick punched my arm, and I punched him back in the shoulder. "I'm not wrong, man up and ask the girl out for god sakes."

"Where are the girls, anyway? They've been gone for like twenty minutes," I realized, and they all shrugged.

"Let's go find them, they might have gotten lost on the way back," Aiden suggested, and we agreed, before we made our way to the toilets. We must have looked weird, four buff guys who carried around stuffed bears the girls had given us before they went to the toilet. The closer we got, we heard shouting.

"No means no, so get that through your thick, pea brains."

The guys and I looked at each other, confused at hearing Ava's voice before we made our way towards the sound. The girls were blocked by six guys and looked pissed.

"What about you, sweetheart?" A guy asked as he ran his hand down Liv's arm as she tried to pull away.

"I suggest you get your filthy hands off my girlfriend before I fuck up your face," Nick threatened as he stepped forward and the guys turned around.

"Please, what could your scrawny ass do?" The guy scoffed. It didn't take long before Nick knocked him down to the floor with his fist as Liv gasped. We all looked shocked at Nick's act of violence as he had never been the violence type of guy. The guy's friends pounced on us all as a big fight erupted. This was happening way too much nowadays. Soon enough we were all pulled off each other and put into cuffs before they took us to the station.

Sleeping in a cell with three other guys wasn't easy or comfy at all. That was the hardest part about this thing, since we were only held overnight as protocol. Since we're all over eighteen, none of our parents had to be contacted and this wouldn't go on our records. This was a warning.

For the other guys, after we and the girls after they followed us here explained what happened, the guys had to pay a fine since they were harassing the girls. The girls went back to the cabin last night and told us they will be back today to pick us up. Nick is antsy, he wants to make sure Liv is ok and apologize. He has never been violent before.