[12] : #7 ABOVE WATER

Graduation sound nice when it echoes.

"I'm breaking up with you."

Lan must be dreaming, becoming deaf for a moment there. He checked the pulse of his heart, racing like it used to, no anomaly is happening. Perhaps the reality of this situation. Is Kind of pushing his button.

Looking straight at those blue eyes emitting nothing but no laughing announcement.

He do not know anymore if this if one of the lad jokes.

"I beg your pardon Ah-cheng?"

"I said, I'm breaking up with you."

There was no more words escaped from the older male lips.

They stayed silent, staring at each other eyes, as if the communication feels like touching their soul. Trying to analyze everything happening in front of them. Lan Huan and Jiang Cheng are pair of lovers. They're been together for whole three years since the younger one are in highschool. It is a strong bond, their relationship are getting more and more stronger through the days. Yet, it seemed not— opposite of what older male thought.

"Why?"

"Why?" Jiang Cheng began, sighing for a second and then looked up to Lan Huan face.

"Is there a reason for the need of breaking up?"

Of course, Lan Huan wanted to say it but the calm and collected behavior of his lover silenced him. While the fang of pain leisurely biting his heart with no warning and sound, it's deeply tightening his chest, making him wincing mentally at the silent agony.

Today is his graduation, it supposed to be one of the most happy day in his life with—Jiang Cheng.

However, it turned out to be most  unforgettable nightmare for the rest of his life.

How cruel. You're cruel reality.

"Ah-cheng..." He knows the smile in his face is already gone.

"I wish you a happiness. Senior Lan please be careful. Goodbye." Jiang Cheng bow down politely before he turned around. The stiffened body isn't went unnoticed by Lan Huan, so he grabbed the other's wrist, gently trying not to hold it tightly. As of right now he cannot control his emotions.

"Are you unhappy with me? Did I do something? What is it? Please tell me right away. Perhaps, I did something inappropriate to you when I got lost and drunk last week? Ah—cheng." A heartbreaking plea visible in the tone of Lan Huan used as his troubled eyes are becoming more desperate every seconds passes. He would do anything to keep his boyfriend hand, to change the younger one's mind.

This scenario already played in his thoughts many times, afraid that one day it would happened.

Even so, today is the most unexpected time and he's not ready—no—never in his life he will be ready at this kind of scene as he didn't have plan to let it go.

"Please, let go of my hand Senior Lan"

"Ah-cheng do you love me?" And that question stirred Jiang Cheng's quite a bit in surprised but he got a hold of himself and ignored it.

He forcefully stepped aside and free himself, not even caring how rude the actions was.

"I did. But. . .  I do not love you anymore."

Before the older man could give his reply. Jiang Cheng already left as he'd  ran without looking back.

No way. Lan Huan couldn't believed it  is happening but he wouldn't let go of Jiang Cheng.