chapter twenty-nine

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS EXTREME JARRY FEELS AND MAKES YOU WANT TO THROW YOURSELF OFF A CLIFF BC YOU DONT HAVE A CUTE RELATIONSHIP. I WOULD KNOW. I'M SINGLE AS HECK AND WRITING THIS DEPRESSED ME BC I CANT FIND A MAN, BUT I'VE (fictionally, this obviously isn't the real harry styles ok) CREATED THE PERFECT ONE AND HIS PERFECT, TOTALLY OPPOSITE, GIRLFRIEND IS KINDA RAD TOO. (seeing as she's the perfect mixture of skylar and my personalities. oops.) 

ok that's it sorry, happy reading :-)

Violet and I sat in the silence of our room, both on our beds doing our own work. I was too lucky to have found someone else to share a room with who enjoyed either peace and quiet or loud music in ear buds that only the person wearing them could hear. Today as a silent day in our room, and although Violet was more than focused, I was not. It had been two weeks of keeping what'd happened with Harry that night a secret from my best friend and I honestly didn't think I could keep it to myself any longer. I mean, I needed advice and I needed someone to hug me and tell me it was ok to feel the way I did. 

"Vi?" I said, looking over at her. She slowly looked up from her lap top, her round glasses framing her green eyes. Violet could read me like a book, she knew something was up. "Remember that night after we had that fight, how we like watched movies and talked about everything?" 

Violet nodded slowly, closing her computer. "Spill." 

And so I did. I told her everything. About the way Harry cuddled my brother and the way he looked when he was laughing at something his sister said and the way he kissed me that night, like I was the most special person in the world. It was the little things, the things that made him this big softie that no one knew about. 

"I'm in love with him." I blurted. Violet's eyes went wide as she stared at me. 

"I would ask if you're sure, but I can pretty much already tell." she said, smiling softly. "And I know neither of you have said it out loud, but I know he does too. He's always stopping to call you and make sure you got home on the bus okay, or going out of his way to do things for you. He looks at you like you're the sun and he's just been through a hard, cold winter."

I blushed and laid my head on her shoulder. "What do I do?"

"Tell him."

"What if he's not ready? What if it freaks him out, it's only been two months." I asked, an uneasy feeling settling in my stomach at the scene playing in my head: me telling Harry I love him and him saying thank you. 

"He's ready. Do it when it's right, you'll know when it's right."

/// 

Gilmore Girls was proabably my favorite show of all time. I adored every single character and had probably seen every episode alteast five times. That, however, did not stop me from nearly choking after I let out a squeal at seeing all seven seasons on my Netflix page because squeals required deep breaths, and taking a breath without having a coughing fit was something I was having a problem with. Cold season was in full swing, and while I despised cold season, it seemed to love me once a year. I'd skipped my morning seminar, thanks to the not-so-lovely head-ache, cold, and fever I was sporting.

My phone rang around nine and I knew as soon as I answered it that it was Collin. He always called during free period on Thursdays. 

"Hi." I coughed out as I answered the phone. Collin's humored, healthy laugh rang through the phone. 

"It's nice to know some things never change, Jenson's Decemberitis strikes even in London." he chuckled. 

"Oh, shut it, you git." I snapped nasally. Getting sick in the first two weeks of December was an annual thing for me.