CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Jawahir walked directly to her room and bang the door she lay down completely on the bed facing the ceiling and supporting her head with her two hands.the events kept reoccurring in her head,she couldn't believe basma said that to her,she was getting so worked up with the situation so she called hafsa,they talk for minutes and hafsa was so happy jawahir stood up for herself.after the phone call she turned to her diary and pour out her heart.

Some hours later  jawahir took a relaxing shower and move downstairs where she heard a car pull over and she know it's non other than Mr arrogant and she just snared all this is happening because of him the disrespect and all because had he shown respect to his wife at first his cousin wouldn't have been here disrespecting her talkless of her friends even though he's a changed person now.

She arranged the warmers on the table when she saw him walk directly to basma's,she know the bitch most have call him since he is back early. She sat down on the one sitter couch and turn on the television,she kept staring at the television while her attention was not there she was just waiting to hear Mr arrogant shout her name and true to her words he did call her but not how she expected him to,she entered basma's room with a salam and saw a crying basma sitting in the bed sobbing like a child,then she turned her face and saw Mr arrogant with an unreadable expression in his face she just stood there without saying anything.

"Jawahir why did you hit basma with a stick"he ask in calm but daring voice.

"I did not hit her with a stick"she answered with confidence adjusting her dress.

"What do you mean that you didn't hit her with a stick  And how do you explain the scars on her body"he said now slightly raising his voice.

"I did not hit her with a stick so I don't  know how she got those scars on her body and how can you seriously believe that i can hit her with a stick and she'll just stand there like a fool and do nothing,I mean look at her and look me"she said gesturing with her hands and raising her voice a bit out of annoyances,she don't know why but now she feels that everything that's happening in this house is his fault,how can he believe this lies when he can see that basma is fatter than her.

Muhammad used his hands to massage his temple in other to tame his anger"did you guys have a fight or not and what happened"he said in a cold voice looking at basma.

"Yes we did have a fight because my friends came over and jawahir sent them away so I decided to ask her why she did that and she just start shouting at me raining all sort of insults on me and I kept quite it was when she opened her mouth and insulted hajiya that i decided to stop her so she slapped me and hit me with a stick "basma said with a sad voice as jawahir just stood looking at her in surprise because she's tongue tide thinking how can she lie like this.

"Jawahir is this true, did you send her friends away"he turned back to jawahir with same expression even though he doesn't believe the whole of basma's story because he knows her very well to know that she cannot stand and be insulted without retaliating or more.

"Yes,I sent her friends away but only because they were being disrespectful and I cannot stand and be disrespected in my own house after that all the things she told you was a big fat lie apart from the slapping part I did slapped her"she said with confidence and even she was surprised by her confidence today even though she's  known for her confidence and sassy attitude back before she got married but after the marraige it all went away but now hopefully it's back and maybe it's because she's tired of this trash.

"And who gave you the right to slap her "Muhammad was beyond angry first he came back home very tired and annoyed he lost a very great deal at the office that's why he came back home to get some peace and see jawahir because he's been thinking of her all day then he gets a call from basma on his way back he thought it was nothing serious but he was wrong and now both of them are not helping.

"Nobody gave me that right,I just couldn't help it because I have tolerated her enough in this house Allah is my witness but today she has crossed her limits"

Muhammad was surprised by jawahirs anger today and he knows what this will lead to do he decided to avoid trouble,he knows basma very well "no matter what she did you don't have the right to raise your hands on her now apologize to her jawahir"

"I'm sorry but I'll not apologize to her"they have seen many side of jawahir but they don't know the stubborn angry side "what she said to me was beyond giving her a slap so I won't by any means apologize to her"she added with a very deepened scowl.

"Apologize to her right now jawahir or explain what she said to you that lead to the slap"

"I'm not apologizing to her and I also don't owe you any explanation"and with that she walk out of the room she know walking out on her husband wasn't right but at that time she couldn't think of what is right or wrong because of how angry she is how dare he support that excuse of a lady,she could hear him calling after her but she didn't answer as she walk to her room and close the door then let the water works begin,he kept banging on her door till he get tired and left,he went back to basma's room and apologise to her,then went back to his room.

Basma was beyond happy that her plan worked out as she silently let out a squeal as she remembered how she hit her self with a stick earlier to make the scar in her body even though it hurts but she didn't care because her hard work has payed off.

Yooo peeps,
How are you all?
What do you think about this chapter yay or nay.

Don't forget to;
Vote,
Comment,
Share, and
Follow.