Prologue

"Lydia! Go to sleep! You have school tomorrow!"

"In a minute mom! I'm fighting a boss right now!"

"That better be quick!"

"Yeah yeah..."

Goodness mom. Just let me finish the damn fight!

I let out a groan and continue to focus on the game, using my ultimate against the boss and landing the final blow.

XxDreadfulGamerxX

"Good job angel!"

WhatAnAngel

"Thanks Dread. Aight, I gotta go now sadly, my mom is nagging at me to go sleep. See ya!

XxDreadfulGamerxX

"Alright, see ya."

I logged off and closed my laptop. Then attending to my phone, which was unsuprisingly bursting with notifications.

Follows, friend requests and all these useless stuff. Tss.

"Didn't I say go to sleep!? Why are you still on your phone!??" My mom barges into my room. She looked as if she was going to give me a good smack, but she was controlling herself.

"Ok ok! Sorry mom, yeesh. In a moment." I put my phone down and my mom turned around and left my room.

"Watch your words Lydia." And those were her words till she completely disappeared from my sight.

I guess I should hit the bed now.

I flop onto my bed, and immediately falling asleep.

Guess my eyes got tired from staring at the laptop all day.

•••

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us
Another start
You fade away

"Oh shut up." I hit the dismiss alarm button on my phone, then check the time.

Oh well...

I groggily force myself up and out of bed and head to take a shower. My daily morning routine.

Shower, eat, brush my teeth, changing into my school uniform and off I go.

"You got all your stuff?" My dad asks me as I get into the front seat beside the drivers seat.

"Yes dad."

"Alright."

And soon enough, I'm at school and being greeted by my bestfriend, Arianna.

"Lydiaaaa! Goodmorning!!!"

"Goodmorning to you too, Ari." I give her a sweet smile, then quickly turning around to wave goodbye to my dad.

"Did you review for the quiz today?" She asks me and we begin heading to our classroom.

"Well of course!" Not.

"Aww~ good for you!"

The two of us talk about small things, while waving at the other students who were also greeting us a goodmorning.

"The students here really love you Lydia!"

"And I wonder why."

"It's obvious!" Ari giggles and we finally arrive at our classroom.

"Oh hey Lydia! I have some gossip for ya..." Ari winks at me.

"Mhm..."

"It's about Theo! The biggest nerd in the campus!"

"And what about him? Is it really something that should concern me?" I don't really like gossip.

"Not really, but I've heard from other students that if you take his big glasses off and sweep away his bangs, he is super attractive!" Ari squeels.

"Ohkayyy..."

"Just imagining it, I can feel that both of you would look so cute together! Except, only if he'd fix himself and stop being a nerd..." Ari pouts.

And this is why I keep the fact that I love games, a secret.

"Ahaha... Anyways, I already like someone Ari. No matter how many people you try to put me together with, I won't become interested in any of them."

"Aww.. Alright." Ari slumps down in her seat and whimpers.

I don't think liking someone online is good either though. Sighhhhh...

"Who do you even like anyway?"

"Err- uhm... Tom Holland! The actor."

"Pfft, But he doesn't even know you exist though."

"Come on Ari! Just support ya bestfriend."

"Hehe fine."

I wonder who Dread really is anyway.

Liking someone online is hopeless.