Part 1

Running fast, Jimin dodged the man's knife. There were screams all around them and blood was being spilt recklessly. The man kicked him down and he fell with a gruff. Watching the man jump on top of him, Jimin saw the knife descend.

Swinging swiftly Taemin cut the man's hand off and blood burst on to Jimin's face. Howling in pain the man turned to Taemin who swung his sword again and cut his head off. Shocked by the sudden interference Jimin felt Taemin pick him up.

"HURRY" yelled Taemin as he shoved a sword into Jimin's hands. They returned to the battlefield and continued to fight the midland rebels. The battle lasted until dawn when the last Midlander was finally killed.

This was the last skirmish their unit had to engage in. The rebel forces were weakening on this side of the kingdom. But this victory wouldn't give these men, mostly students, weeks of their time back.

"Here," said Namjoon as he placed a mug of beer in Jimin's hand. They were celebrating their victory tonight. Many knew that the travels home would take some time and so they wanted to enjoy themselves even for just one evening.

"To our Vice-Sergeant!" said Namjoon as they all toasted to Jimin. Suga stood up suddenly and held up his mug high. He looked Jimin straight in the eyes, lingering a moment too long.

"To Taemin!" yelled Suga, "For Always Saving our Sergeants Ass!" he cheered, and everyone cheered with him. Laughter spread across the camp and some of them patted Taemin's back.

Jimin lifted his mug too, fully aware of the truth of that statement. Chugging the beer down in one gulp, he savoured the taste. Sincere talk of finally returning home filled the night. Taemin walked over to Jimin and Suga watched them carefully.

"How are you my friend?" asked Taemin as he patted Jimin's shoulder.

"Exhausted..." began Jimin before shyly looking into Taemin's eyes "And grateful."

"Well that's a first," laughed Taemin as he let down his hand.

"Aren't you happy we get to go home?" smiled Jimin

"I am. It'd be good to see my family," said Taemin and smiled back at him. They stared deeply into each other's eyes, each seeing the sparks of the fire reflecting back at them. Taemin looked away first.

"You must be over the moon that this deployment is over," said Taemin taking a sip of his mug.

"I am. I need to go back to my village. I need home," smiled Jimin as he turned to look into the fire.

"Who will you go to see first?" asked Taemin.

"My mother and sister ofcourse. Then Ren and Sowon. But knowing the village they'll all just meet in the centre all at once," laughed Jimin.

"That's heartwarming," said Taemin earnestly, his eyes smiled at Jimin who became slightly flustered by their beauty.

"Uhm. Yeah," chuckled Jimin nervously as he scratched his head.

"May I come with you one time? To visit your village? I've always wondered what it was like," said Taemin as he stared into the fire now.

"Really?" said Jimin.

"Yes," chuckled Taemin.

"Sorry it's just I've asked V to come with me countless times and he always refused. Never thought of inviting someone else," said Jimin, a little stunned at the mini-revelation as well.

"Well, I'd be humbled if you'd allow me to go with you to your home. And that's just the thing Jim whenever you spoke of the elders, your mom, Ren, and Sown. I could always feel that sense of home. I'd like to know what this village is like to place so much love in your heart," said Taemin sincerely.