Part 1

The royal court was in a complete uproar at the king's announcement. More civil citizens were needed to be conscripted into the war. Unfortunately, more arms were needed and nobles were not exempted.

"But my king this is against the law?"

"Sir we can not fight? Who'll look after the banks?"

There were similar shouts across the court and June had to raise his voice for them all to calm down. Clive and Chaerin looked at each other aware that these nobles just wanted to fill their belly's and pockets while not having to lift a finger for their kingdom.

"More villages have been raided," began June.

"What of it!"

"Let the forest folk deal with it!"

"It's because of them that the Midlander's attacked!"

Came the shouts and Eon had to contain his anger. These men and women were useless and undeserving of their status not having fought for anything in their life.

"ENOUGH!" yelled June and they shut up.

"The rebels attacking the villages has nothing to do with who's residing in those villages really. Though the midlanders have been antagonistic with the forest folk for decades, their main intent is to gain territory. And they're gaining it at an overwhelming rate. It's time we intervene and for that more soldiers are needed. If not then it will be your lands and homes they raid next. Your wives and husbands they'll defile next. Your children they kill next."

There was a stifling hush over the court as the nobles listened to June's words. Chaerin and Clive made eye-contact, it appeared the head advisor had gotten them to listen. They wondered if the nobles would actually take it in.

"She said you should open it at home," said Jaehyun and Jennie jumped happily.

"I can't wait to see what it is," she said excitedly and Dahyun laughed at her little dance, "Did you give her my note?" asked Jennie and Jaehyun nodded.

"Ofcourse," he said and Jennie thanked them. They bid farewell and Jennie returned back to the table where her friends were.

"Is that another love note?" asked Lisa the minute she got back.

"Love? Jennie you didn't tell us you have a crush?" asked Irene.

"No way Jen! Who is it?" asked Seulgi

"I don't have a crush and its not a love note," said Jennie as she placed it away in her bag.

"Really? Then why is it Jaehyun gives you those every other week and you get so happy," asked Lisa and Jisoo chuckled.

"Wow Jen, didn't know you were interested in the young ones," laughed Jisoo.

"EY! What does that mean? Jae's in my year. We're only a year younger than you guys," whined Lisa and Jisoo nuzzled her head.

"Exactly young ones," laughed Jisoo and the others joined her. Jennie ignored her friends teasing and smiled eagerly to see what Chae had sent her this time.

Taemin glanced over at Jimin who'd been brooding the whole day. It was day four of their 3-week trek back to the capital and he wondered why his friend appeared so sullen.