[16]

Peter's POV

"Amara! Wait!" I call for her but she quickly disappears from sight.

"What was that all about?" Lily asks.

"Who knows? Peter, lets continue our little adventure, shall we?" Eva pats the seat between her and Lily.

"Sorry, ladies. I'm going to have to cut this short. I need to go find Ms. Amara because she looked distressed." I say.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Eva asks.

"No." I answer.

"Does she want to be your girlfriend?" Lily asks.

"No, I don't think so." From what I remember, she doesn't want to be my anything.

"Then, she'll be fine. She probably just remembered something." Eva mutters.

"Exactly!" Lily agrees. "Plus, doesn't she have a thing going on with Daamir?"

"She what?" I almost choke.

Eva rolls her eyes. "It shouldn't matter to you. Sit back down so we can show you some fun."

"I'm afraid I have to reschedule, ladies. I'll see you some other time." I wink and quickly exit.

Daamir and Amara? Doesn't he like Dina?

The thought of Amara with someone else brings a bitter taste in my mouth. But that's selfish of me, isn't it?

Then, again, when am I not selfish?

• • •

Amara's POV

After a couple of minutes, I manage to calm down and get myself together.

"I even dressed nicer today!" I begin muttering to myself. "And to impress who? That skirt-chasing son of a—"

"Amara! There you are!"

"What the hell are you doing here, Peter?" That came out harsher than I intended.

"Oh, someone's in a shitty mood." Peter mutters.

"I'm sorry." I whisper.

"What for?" He asks in confusion.

"I shouldn't have blown up in front of you and your... guests like that. That was inappropriate of me." I admit.

"Why did you get so angry?" He asks.

"It's... personal." I answer.

"It was definitely directed at me though, you can't deny that." He says.

I stay silent.

"What did I do?" His tone is softer.

I couldn't bring myself to answer because I couldn't think of a lie.

He steps closer to me, backing me against the wall.

"Did I piss you off from before?"

I shake my head.

"Do you not like one of the girls I was with?"

I shake my head again.

"Is it my behaviour? Is it my personality? Is it my lifestyle? Am I just suddenly someone you hate?"

I shake my head, disagreeing with all of it.

"Then how am I supposed to know if you don't tell me!" He's irritated. "You've been acting up in class too. How do you expect me to figure out what's wrong if you don't tell me?"