fez

The sound of footsteps woke her. She could hear the crunch of gravel and tried her best to open her eyes. It was then that she realized she was being carried bridal style in someone's arms. She peaked up at the person holding her and saw him.

The convenient store guy.

She breathed out a sigh of relief and as she slipped back into the blackness she heard his voice.

"Don't worry your safe."

It was a door slamming that woke her the second time. She was startled and confused but when she tried to sit up a wave of nausea ran through her.

"Dammit ash shut the fuck up." She heard him say.
When she looked up she saw him. His eyebrows were creased in worry and his hand was replacing a wet rag on her forehead.

"Do you remember what happened ?" He asked.

"What's your name? I don't know it right? Im not having amnesia or anything?" She asked ignoring his question.

"Nah don't worry I never told you." He laughed.

She looked up at him waiting.

"Fez."He rasped, "you can call me Fez."

Scarlett smiled. Of course he would have a name like that.

"Scarlett, nice to meet you. The last thing I remember is trying to step in after that guy-" she stopped as she recalled what happened. Someone had shoved her. She didn't know if she was a little high and drunk or if it was a concussion but she felt out of it. Fez helped her sit up. And looked her dead in the eyes.

"Don't worry," he said "Caleb won't be messing with you again I promise you that."

As he was talking she looked down at his knuckles. They were cut up and bloody and she could see a little blood on his neck. She just nodded grabbed the wet rag he had placed on her and started whipping away the blood on his neck and hands. He didn't refuse though he just stared at her. Fez hadn't realized how beautiful she was. Of course he thought she was hot when he saw her earlier in the night. And he couldn't lie and say the way she was hitting that joint didn't make him focus on her even more. But beautiful hadn't crossed his mind until just now.

He was focusing in on her full lips as she interrupted his thought.

"Do you think I have a concussion?" She asked.

He thought about it for a second. That asshole had pushed her back so hard that he made her start bleeding from hitting her head on the corner of the table but, it didn't look deep and it had stopped bleeding since they got back to his place.

"Maybe," Fez told her "but your head stopped bleeding and you seem okay now." She nodded in response and slowly rose from where she was sitting to look out the window of the small apartment. It was still dark out and when she found her phone in her back pocket she saw the time read 3:07am. Fez had probably carried her home from the party at only 11 after all everything had only happened in a couple of hours.

"You didn't have to stay up with me. Im sorry Fez. I didn't mean for this to happen. Im gonna call Rue and Jules they're probably worried." She said.

"Hey don't say that, It was no problem. And when I saw rue was texting you a couple of hours ago I told her you were here." Fez said scratching his head.

"Okay well I should probably be go-" Scarlett was interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing. Fez's eyes instantly looked panicked and he rose his finger up to his lips as If to tell her to be quiet.

"Ashtray they here." He yelled down the hallway. Scarlett hadn't even thought about who had walked in when she woke up but walking up the hallway was a kid who looked about 13 covered in tattoos.