Contents Of The Box

Shayna looked at the box.with disbelief. Ciara was really a crazy b*tch. The box had pictures of the night that her and Shawn had sex. From the way that it looked, she was doing all the work. Shayna laughed, because with her Shawn was so different in bed.

In the pictures, Shawn's hotel curtains were wide open. Shayna was sure that if he was going to be cheating he would have made it more private. Leave it to Ciara to not think things all the way through.

As Shayna continued through the box, there were numerous items that saddened her hair. There was a picture of Shawn holding Mac'Kenzie at the hospital when she was born. There was also a picture of her holding on to his finger, with her hand.

There was a pink teddy. Shayna noticed that this was the same piece of lingerie she had on in the picture. There was also a picture of her pregnancy test, and one of her ultrasound. Shayna stared at the pictures, and her blood began to boil. She was pissed, no that was not the word for how she was feeling. This whore is trying to destroy her marriage. Shayna finally broke her eye contact with the photos. She felt so defeated.

Shayna pushed the box to the floor, and plopped down in her office chair. When the box fell something hard fell out of it, and slid across the tile hardwood floor. She sighed, and got up from her desk to find out what fell to the floor. She walked around her desk to find a black Rolex, with a note tied to it. She picked it up, and examined it. The watch was beautiful, it was something that she would purchase for Shawn. She looked at the note, and it read,
           "Mac'Kenzie and I purchased this watch for Shawn for Christmas. His eyes lit up when he opened the box up, but soon after the smile faded. He wouldn't except the gift, because he knew that you would ask questions about. Especially, with the engraving on the back. You ruined my family, and I intend to get it back."

She shook her head at the antics of Ciara. Shayna was getting tired of all the secrets. Shawn's loyalty was no longer there. She couldn't trust him. Even if Ciara drugged him, deep down a part of her wouldn't believe him. Shayna turned the watch over to read the inscription, 'To a loving and caring father, Love Mac'Kenzie..'  A slight tear fell from her eyes, but she refused to cry about this mess anymore. She began pacing her office again, trying to calm herself.

After five minutes of pacing, Shayna's thoughts were interrupted. She walked over to her door to find Ashley in her coat, with her work bagged slung over her shoulders. "Hey, Shayna just letting you know that everyone has gone home, and i'm about to head out."
"Ok, Ashley. I'll be heading out here shortly too. You be safe, and have a good night i'll see you in the morning," Shayna said hugging her tightly. Ashley smiled, and congratulated her again on her pregnancy.

Shayna went to her desk to gather up her things. She put her work into her bag, grabbed the box, left her office, and locked up the building. As Shayna approached her vehicle, she heard the screeching sound of a child crying. It wasn't an ordinary cry; it was a panicked, scared cry. Shayna found herself following the scream to figure out what was going on. Her senses guided her to a royal blue Chrysler 300. As she advanced to the car, and found out that the child that was screaming was Mac’Kenzie.

Her motherly instincts took over, and she pulled the child out of the car. She soothed Mac’Kenzie until she was fast asleep in her arms. She hurriedly called the police, and awaited their arrival. She was rocking Mac’Kenzie when the ambulance pulled up 15 minutes later.  Thankfully, Ciara was still breathing. They put on her the stretcher, and loaded her into the ambulance.

After that, a man walked up to Shayna, and introduced himself as Detective bonds. All too soon came all the questions. “Ms?”
“Mrs. Matthews.”
“OK, thank you Mrs. Matthews could you tell me what happened.”
“I just walked out of my office, and heard a child’s deafening cry. When I came around the corner I noticed it was Mac’Kenzie.”
“Oh you know the victim?”
“Yes her daughter is…” Shayna began to trail off. The detective looked up from his notepad, and asked, “Her daughter is what?” Shayna cleared her throat, and replied, “She’s my stepdaughter.” The detective nodded, and wrapped up the questioning. The tow truck was about to move the car, when she stopped him to get Mackenzie’s car seat.

Shayna began to panic what am I going to do with Mac’Kenzie?

(A/N sorry for the POV shift mistakes. I sometimes confuse myself. More drama to come. Stay tuned. Comment/Vote/Fan)