13.

Visiting a friend.

HIS personal maids were truly frightened out of their wits when he suddenly disappeared in the market when they're supposed to go to his close friend, he reasoned out that he has to buy something really important to that friend before he paid her a visit.

They don't know what to do. If they reported to the Wei estate that their mistress suddenly disappeared, they'll be the one to suffer the consequences, they might ended up beheaded but something bad might happen to Zhilan if they don't report it immediately.

Thankfully, he was found in their own carriage that was parked at the side of the street near the market. At this time, he was already wearing his female outfit and hides his disguise under the carriage seat. Yan Gen told them that he got lost in the market and it took a while for him to find the main road where their carriage was parked.

The two maids sighed in relief along with the carriage driver and didn't question him further about his disappearance to Yan Gen's relief. What's more important to them is their mistress's safety.

"Miss, you look so happy"

Meigui commented when she saw Zhilan's rosy lips drawing up into a slight smile while looking out of the carriage. Yan Gen glanced at her and smiled even more, responding into a small sound of hum, however his smile was wiped off when another one of them said in concern,

"Miss, it's the afternoon already, we should hurry up and visit your friend"

Are they still going to continue the visit? He didn't really thought about it. Shouldn't they be going back home because it's the afternoon already and thus don't have much time to visit?

"It's getting late, we should hurry back home"

"Miss, we can't. You have already send your card over to their estate and their second miss must be expecting you now. You've been rejecting her visits since you had an accident, to crush her hope will be too cruel. Besides, the two of you treat each other like sisters. How come that you're treating her coldly?"

Knowing that he can't avoid this visit, he sighed in dejection and resigned to his fate. It's not like he can avoid this close friend of Zhilan forever. She's a close friend for a reason, someone who can freely stick to a goddess like Zhilan if there's an occasion.

However, he doesn't know a thing about this close friend of his. The author in the Mischievous Consort would narrate Zhilan's confrontation with Li Mei without mentioning the names of Zhilan's cronies. She would only mention their status which was all in the same level of Li Mei or higher.

Author-sama didn't bothered naming these bullies as she typed away her imaginations on her computer, bringing it to life. Yan Gen remembered that one of them is a relative of Li Mei, yet that relative doesn't like our dear miss heroine because of how she is more favored by her family despite being a troublemaker. Maybe a distant relative? Yan Gen hopes so, else that relative wouldn't go as far as to bully Li Mei or her whole clan will reprimand and punish her for ganging up with others to bully someone who has the same bloodline as hers.

Going to Zhilan's close friend's place didn't take that long. Fifteen minutes ride from the market and they have already arrived. Yan Gen pulled the curtain to look outside when they're near their destination and he completely stiffen upon seeing the Characters Li estate above the gate.

What cruel fate! He has actually delivered himself to death, right at its doorstep. This is the Li freaking estate! Yan Gen assumed that Zhilan's close friend which is also a relative of Li Mei is a maternal relative or a distant relative of hers that doesn't live in the same manor. How could she bully a close relative of hers and sided with another person ah?

Before he could order the carriage driver to turn around and go back home. They have already entered the Li estate. It seems that the guards at the Li estate were already expecting her arrival and had recognized the Wei carriage.

His maids got out first, gently pulling her hand. Yan Gen stiffened even more and tried to think of a reason to go back right this instant. He doesn't want to take a single step out of the carriage, that is akin to taking a step closer to death.

Unfortunately for him, he's destined to step on the ground of Li estate when a pretty young girl around the age of 14-15 came running excitedly to their direction and roughly pulled his hands, getting him out of his safe haven.

"Zhilan-Jiejie! (Older sister) You finally came to visit me. How could you be so heartless ah? Not allowing me to pay you a visit after your accident. Don't you miss me? Am I not your bestfriend?"

Yan Gen was completely stupefied on his spot as the pretty girl rambled on, not knowing how to react in this situation he's in. He has taken a step closer to his death yet there's a beauty in front of him and a man like him has always been weak in front of a beauty. Should he be terrified because he's in the Li estate or be glad that a beautiful girl give him a tight hug and felt her soft bosom against his equally soft bosom too?

One moment his face was deathly pale and the next moment it turned into a shade of red. This pretty girl in front of him with crescent eyes, small nose, and a cute pouty lips stared at him strangely.

"Zhilan..."

His heart gives a jolt when she leaned closer to him, almost kissing him as she observed his face or rather--Zhilan's face.

"You seem like a completely different person, you don't have your usual aura and presence and that look on your eyes..."

Yan Gen swallowed nervously, he can't even found his voice to speak. This girl is quite observant. Is she more dangerous than Li Mei?

"Oh. Right!"

She suddenly clapped her hands together and exclaimed when she remembered something important. She leaned away from him, giving him a space to breath.

"You injured your head at the temple. I heard from your Wei servants that you have forgotten some of your memories because of that accident. Do you still remember me? It's me, Li Xia!"

Li Xia grabbed his shoulders and leaned even more closer while rambling.

My Lady, why are you doing this to me? Do you want to give me a heart attack? I'am a man inside! Stop tempting me or I'll kiss you for real!

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer