𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

YOU GUYS ARE MY BEST FRIENDS !

☀︎

IT WAS MORE URGENT THAN IT EVER WAS TO ESCAPE THE UNDERGROUND BASE. Rejoining the group, Steve and Alex raced down the stairs hand in hand while everyone was struck in complete awe by the reopening of the gate.

Completely baffled to see before her everything Alex Henderson had told her, Robin just couldn't wrap her head around it. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?"

"Not exactly. I've been inside there, but never the actual gate. I mean. This is... this is really bad. With the gate opening, all hell is about to break loose," Alex explained.

Jumping in, Dustin explained in the simplest ways how truly bad this was going to be. "It's like end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad."

Off the stairs and back into the room, they had all kept their eyes on each other, unaware of their surroundings. With everything happening around them, it was distracting enough to pull them away from the current threats that surrounded them now. That was until Erica Sinclair had dismissed herself from the craziness that could happen to focus on the now. What she had noticed had failed to be seen by everyone else. "Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?"

All four heads had shifted, turning down to around their feet where Erica had been looking. Just as she had said, no man had laid and all that was left behind was a bloodstain from where he had been bested by Steve Harrington. On cue, the alarms had gone off, flashing red to alert the others of their intruders. Racing towards the door they had come in from, Steve stuck out his head long enough to see that their way in was no longer accessible. However, when the Russian guards spotted him, he had only given away that they were still hanging around close by. Slamming the door shut, he formulated a plan that seemed to be their only option.

Rushing over, he had taken the gun out of Alex's waistband while wrapping her hand around it with another. "Start shooting at them if they start shooting at us."

"What if I miss?"

"Then try not to." Grabbing her, he pushed her forward towards the stairs along with the rest. Using her other hand, Alex grabbed Erica's hand to keep her close. Being the youngest one here, she did not want to leave her behind to the enemy.

Up the stairs, they had burst through the doors that lead them towards the eye of the storm. Panic had taken over as all the Russian scientists came to their feet from the arrival of the group. Taking no time to give them a reason to attack, they had raced through another set of doors and out onto a ramp leading to the very eye of the storm.