Chapter 21

+-------–-------+--(-++&4#&+97_@34-+86:$&-

"Hello?" Billy's gruff voice answered, not pleased with the disruption. He had wanted to know like the rest of the pack in the room the reason behind Brooke fainting since it must have been serious to shake the normally bright girl so much; not to mention he was still dying to ask her questions about her gift. He still couldn't believe that her being a seer was the reason behind the strange vibe she seemed to give off, but now he knew he found it difficult not to enjoy her company like he had been whenever his son brought her round. She was a very special girl; perfect for his son.

"Hey Billy, its Bella is Jake around?" Bella's voice came through the receiver, the wolves who heard the reply perfectly cringing as Jacob tensed as his brows pulled together in displeasure. Looking in his son's direction with a raised brow Jacob quickly shook his head; she was the last person he wanted to speak to right now.

"Jakes out at the minute" Billy covered for his son, though her reply was far from the one they had all been hoping for. Instead of leaving it alone like he had clearly implied she just had to know what was going on with his son, to be honest he found himself becoming incredibly irritated with his best friend's daughter.

"Oh, well I'm heading over now so when will he be back, he left quickly today so I thought something might be wrong" she replied, all of the wolves in the kitchen picking up on the sound of her rusty engine in the background much to their disappointment and annoyance.

Jacob sighed irritated at her reply, Brooke and Emily the only ones who didn't know what was going on as they shared a confused glance. Brooke didn't want to risk using her gift; the last thing she wanted was to panic Jacob again if she fainted in his arms from the strain of it.

"That's not such a good idea Bella" Billy stated, just as annoyed with the girl as his son was. While he thought she was a nice kid and at one point wanted her to be Jacobs imprint, the girl had to have some issues to date a vampire like she was doing. She was playing with death; they already had a threat of a red-headed vampire down to the silly girls actions.

"Why?" was her demand of a reply, the pack mates sharing a irritated look as Paul sneered at the thought of the leech-lover. They didn't need her here upsetting Brooke, he was known for his temper but if she upset Jacobs imprint he knew his future alphas rage would put his to shame.

Billy shot a helpless look to his son who was looking less then pleased with her demand, he knew he had left her sort of stranded in Seattle but he couldn't bring himself to care since only an few hours ago his angel had been unconscious on the floor when he should have been with her. To be honestly blunt with himself; if it was his imprint or Bella than the brunette who played with vampires didn't stand a chance against his angel.

"Pack business" he stated vaguely, having been already informed with the incident which involved Paul and Bella. While he would have preferred her not to know he knew it was too much to ask from Paul to control his temper when she slapped him like that, especially when it wasn't exactly a secret that the boy hated the girl with a passion.

"Oh is it about Victoria, hang on I'm nearly there" was all she stated before she hung up, leaving a room of pissed off wolves, a stunned Billy and two very confused girls.

"Ok what is going on, not all of us have super hearing you know?" Emily stated from her mates side, finishing off her drink before grabbing the empty cups and running them under the tap before draining them. It was the least she could do since Brooke had made them, she like the rest of the pack didn't want her straining any more than the girl had to.