66: Just Don't Trust Anyone

Chapter 66: Just Don't Trust Anyone

Luna's POV*

"You know you don't have to come back to school already." Raven told me for the 4th time already as she folded my hospital gown.

She and Noah raced down here the second that Ace called to tell them that I was awake. I never knew how much I could miss them till they gave me their one of a kind bear hugs which were softer than normal since they knew I was still aching. Turns out they missed me more when they started crying which made me want to cry.

We spoke for quite a while till they fell asleep on the couch while I stayed up because I couldn't get back to sleep. Ace let me listen to songs on his phone till he too fell asleep on the hospital bed that he was previously situated in.

I woke them up the next morning at 6 am by begging them to let me come to school with them in which they argued no until I got the "all clear" from Dr Chandler and the usual "take it easy" and "be careful" which they didn't like very much hence why they've all been trying to convince me not to go this morning.

"I swear if any of you say that one more time, I will sock you all." I threatened.

"Oh guys I think she's getting stressed," Noah commented, "We can't let her go to school in this kind of condition."

I glared at him as I put on my jacket which Raven took the time to go and get. She helped me putting on the baggiest mom jeans she could find so that it didn't hurt my leg. The hospital also gave me a crutch so that I didn't have to irritate it too much.

I peered up as they went silent then realised it was because Ace had walked into the room. Since I woke up, they've been acting kinda cold and hostile towards him, the reason why I haven't found yet.

He came into the room to grab his keys wordlessly then spoke to me, "I'll meet you outside, I've gotta sign you out first."

"Okay, thank you."

He nodded and left the room.

"Right, I call bullshit." I raised an eyebrow at my brother and best friend.

"What are you talking about?" Noah shrugged from the couch he was sitting on.

"What's with the tension between you guys and Crawford?"

They both shared a look that they didn't think I would catch, "Nothing."

"Nothing, my ass." I rolled my eyes, "Tell me the truth."

Raven sighed, "He hurt you Lu, he hospitalised you for 2 weeks and he hasn't been punished for it."

I gave her an incredulous look, "What? No he didn't."

"Oh for fucks sake, he made you lose your memory too or is that just what he told you?" Noah ran a hand through his hair.

"The only thing that anyone is going to lose is the ability to make babies if you don't tell me the whole truth." I threatened once again.

Raven had a modified expression on her face, "He ran a red light, which is breaking a stoplight law by the way, that led to getting you into the car crash. He literally almost drove you to your death."

"I'm not dead though, am I?"

"Thats the whole point though!" Noah exclaimed which made me jump, "You could've died! And who's fault would that be?"

"The person driving the car which crashed into us."

"What?" They both questioned.

"It was Hayley in the other car, she purposefully drove straight into us to crash our car and take the cash prize but I didn't know if her intention was to kill or not," I stared and them, confused, "How did you guys not already know?"