Chapter 32

Jacob knew he was in deep shit when he saw the expression on his teachers face, the fury and annoyance in her eyes telling him that he was about to be subjected to one of her lectures which lasted a good twenty minutes. I mean it wasn't his fault exactly that he hadn't finished the essay he was meant to complete for English, he had a lot on his mind and homework just hadn't made it onto the to-do list.

"Again, Mr Black?" she snipped at him in a tone which made him want to roll his eyes. He didn't however; a twenty minute lecture was long enough that he didn't want her to add to like he knew she would if he acted out of turn.

"Sorry, Mrs" he lied smoothly, like he cared about one stupid essay.

"You know I am getting sick of this, I will be sending a letter home to your father" she stated, shocking him that he wasn't about to get an ear full. "Now…" he had spoken to soon.

It was actually a half an hour lecture, he timed it, and apparently she thought it was appropriate to give it to him in front of the whole class. He wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for the fact his pack brothers were practically pissing themselves laughing, muttering under their breath comments which only he could hear.

"So…" Quil started as they exited the room, a female student crying out in surprise when Jacobs hand snatched out to shove Quil hard into a wall. It didn't hurt him of course, they were shifters after all, but the sound of the impact sure would have sounded painful to a human.

"Fuck off, my dad is going to kill me" he muttered to himself, automatically reaching for his phone to start texting Brooke between periods.

"This wouldn't be happening if you had of actually done it you know" Leah taunted, smirking widely and if it wasn't for the fact the pack was just relieved that since Brooke had been welcomed into the close knit group the only female shifter was a lot more like her old self, before the whole Sam incident, he would have told her to fuck off as well. They actually likedhanging around with her now.

"I was busy" was all he muttered, thinking about everything that had happened over the previous week.

"What, fucking Brooke?" Quil grinned, dodging away when Jacob made a move to smack him square in the face. "Or let me guess, you don't 'fuck' you 'make love'" he continued to taunt, Jacob making a mental note to kick his arse later on patrol.

"I would shut the fuck up, Quil" he threatened, his tone hard and cold enough for Quil to actually get the point. Even if he was sarcastic about it, making a show of zipping up his lips before throwing away the key.

"Fine" he sighed, before grinning widely. "You guys heard about what Brookes doing for Paul?" he asked randomly, Jacob already knowing but the rest of the pack present looked confused.