Chapter 37

"Hey Paul," Brooke grinned when she saw her second favourite wolf approach her as she skipped over to him. It turned out that Paul had the day off from work meaning he had some free time; something she planned to take full advantage of since Jacob apparently would rather hang out with Bella than herself.

Shaking her head she quickly pushed those types of thoughts away, knowing they would eventually upset her if she thought about them too much. She needed to concentrate on the happy parts of her life, she may not be comfortable with Jacob spending so much time with Bella but if it made him happy it made him happy.

"Hey button, ready to spend the day with a real man?" he smirked at her with a wink, sniggering when he heard Jacob's growl before the soon-to-be-alpha stepped out of his house with a deep scowl on his features.

"Careful Paul" he growled, watching as Brooke threw her arms around his pack brothers' neck much to his displeasure. He knew they were close and he cursed the fact Bella had wrecked his day, again. He knew this needed to stop, and he was thankful that Brooke wasn't bugging him about it since he really didn't know what he would say if she asked him of what he thought of Bella. On one hand this was the first girl he had ever loved, yet on the other he found even being in her presence for a few minutes made him annoyed with the girl. It confused him; he needed to think.

"Yea, yea" Paul waved him off before picking a squealing Brooke up and spinning her around much to her enjoyment. "You enjoy your day with the leech lover, and I'll enjoy mine" he winked, letting his hand slip further down her back causing Jacob to snarl.

Slapping his hand away Brooke giggled. "Come on," she urged. "You said you'd take me swimming," she pouted, Paul sniggering as she did so.

Giving a wave to Jacob he got a scowl back but he shrugged it off, it wasn't his fault he had turned down the opportunity to spend the day with his imprint to hang out with the leech lover of all people. It was just ridiculous.

Hopping into Paul's truck with a helpful hand from the wolf she grinned, watching as he hurried around the other side before starting up his truck. "So," Paul started. "What's first on the agenda for today?" he asked.

Thinking about it for a few seconds Brooke licked her lips nervously, "beach?" she asked causing him to grin with a nod.

It didn't take them long to get there, Brooke eagerly grabbing the bag she brought before she jumped out of the truck with a huff. She had only gotten a few steps however before she felt a vision coming on, internally cursing at the poor timing before she couldn't help but get a dazed off expression on her face.

"So Brooke, you want to go swimming straight away or-" Paul started only to take note of how quiet she was. Knowing how un-like Brooke that was he glanced in her direction only to freeze when he took note of her dazed expression. Shit.