Chapter 43

Brooke knew she had no choice but to come clean, and as she was perched on Jacobs lap, his arms around her waist, she for once had no idea how they were going to take it

Brooke knew she had no choice but to come clean, and as she was perched on Jacobs lap, his arms around her waist, she for once had no idea how they were going to take it. She didn't know everything, no matter what they assumed, so this could go two ways.

When she had told Jacob he had been amazing, understanding her point of view completely and even agreeing with her that she had had no other choice. But that was Jacob, her mate, her wolf who would accept her no matter what. Those she was to tell now where the pack, and they could hate her for it and she wouldn't hold it against them.

She had practically killed someone after all.

With that she took a deep breath, she might as well get it over and done with as soon as possible so that she could find out whether this would change the way they all looked at her. She prayed and hoped to god that it didn't.

"You all know what my father was like, he wasn't a nice man-" she started only to be cut off with a snort from Leah and a look of disgust.

"He was a pig!" she spat.

At that Brooke couldn't help but smile, having a feeling that Leah would be on her side no matter what. Well, at least she hoped that was what was going to happen.

"Anyway," she continued. "That night you picked me up, when I had hurt my leg-"

It was then Seth interrupted her quietly. "You never did tell us what happened, Brooke."

She glanced towards her mate. "They didn't hear it in your thoughts?" she raised a brow.

"We find it hard to read him," Sam told her. "Jacob, being the true alpha by bloodline means it's easier for him to keep his thoughts to himself."

Brooke sat shocked at that.

"I didn't tell you?" Jacob asked as he caught sight of her expression. She shook her head. "Oh."

Knowing they were getting off track Brooke quickly spoke again, not wanting to put it off any longer since she knew sooner or later she would have to come clean. She didn't like to keep secrets, it was bad karma.

"My father was the reason why," she replied bluntly.

"What? Why?"

Brooke hated to upset Seth, he was the baby of the pack and his heart-breaking expression was enough to have her wanting to do nothing other than to cuddle the ever living shit out of him.

"I don't spend a lot of time at home, Seth. I stay with Jacob when I can, but when I had gone home that night he had come home before I could leave. My gift is reliable, but when you get a split vision minutes beforehand there isn't much you can do about it."