Chapter 45

After the meeting had finished growls soon rumbled through the air as the pack crouched low, teeth bared in fierce snarls as one of the Cullen's started to approach Brooke as she had her back turned, talking to Jacob who instantly had her behind him

"Stay back Cullen," he sneered, ready to wolf out if he needed to.

Jasper raised his hands in surrender. "I just want to talk."

"Too bad!" Jacob snapped back, his hand on his mates back as he kept the physical touch which helped to keep him grounded. He needed to have her close, if not he knew he was going to phase right there and then. The leech was too close for his comfort, way to close.

Peaking around Jacobs massive form Brooke waved. "Hey Jasper."

Smiling back Jasper didn't know quite how to react, the rest of the Cullen's having left other than Edward who was quietly arguing with Bella near the edge of the meadow. It was clear to Sam and Jacob that Leah was amusing herself by listening in, something which they found highly humours.

"Brooke," Jacob spoke through gritted teeth. "Please, don't push my control" he pleaded with her.

Feeling her small hands run up and down his arms she pressed a light kiss to his mid back. "It's ok sweetheart, Jasper here is just a tad confused."

Grunting he opened his mouth to argue when he felt her hands move around his waist, her nails lightly scraping across his lower stomach causing him to twitch.

"You don't mind if I speak to Jasper for a moment, do you sweetie?" she purred.

Jacob knew exactly what his devious mate was doing and he found himself powerless to refuse her, I mean it wasn't like he was going anywhere. She could talk to him, as long as he was near her and she was behind him. That he could deal with, anymore and all bets were off and the leech was going down.

"Fine," he grunted much to Sam's shock. "You're staying put though," he told her firmly.

Brooke smiled, digging her nails into his skin further in reward. He grunted. "Of course," she agreed, already knowing how she was pushing his control.

Turning to Jasper she smiled brightly. "What is it you want to know?"

"You said Alice wasn't my mate," he got straight to the point. He didn't really want to do this in front of an audience, but he knew there was no way in hell Jacob would be letting his mate get any closer.

"I know."

"I think she is."

Brooke stared at him. "Then why are you asking me? If you are so sure, if you are in love with her as a mate would be, why the doubts?" When Jasper didn't say anything Brooke sighed, deciding to take pity on him. "You need to figure this out on your own, Jasper. If you need to know anything, when you're ready, talk to me."