Chapter 46

"So mate, how's it feel to be one year older?"

Jacob smirked, shaking his head as the giddy pack teased Seth about his birthday being stuck on a school day. It was amusing to say the least, especially when Leah spilled that her brother had actually tried to get away with asking Sue if he could take the day off just because it was his birthday. Her reply had been that if he was a year older than he needed to start worrying about his education more.

"It's been good."

Fiddling with his phone Jacob found himself frowning when he realised his mate hadn't texted him back like she always did. He didn't like it, not at all. Being away from her was hard enough, but not knowing that she was ok was even worse.

"Still pining over her, huh Jacob?" Leah smirked causing him to glare.

He was just about to retort with a snappy reply when he sensed his mates closeness, her excitement as well as nervousness making him confused before he grinned. Was she visiting him? Because that would be fucking awesome of his girl!

It was a few minutes later that he shook his head in amusement when he saw Pauls massive form walking next to his petite mate, carrying a cake clearly she had made with a wide grin on both their faces.

It took approximately five seconds before the pack caught sight of them approaching, bursting into a round of 'happy birthday' much to Seth's humiliation. He grinned.

"Oh my god…"

Smirking at his discomfort it was clear the whole attention of the school was on the pack. Jacob sniggered along with the others. Being in the spot light at the school wasn't new to any of them.

Leah however was laughing loud enough that she was clutching her stomach, clearly loving the fact her brothers dark skin was rapidly turning into a bright shade of red as he blushed. "Cheer up bro, at least you got cake, right?"

Reaching the table Jacob grabbed for Brooke while Paul placed the cake on the table. "Happy birthday, mate" he nodded to Seth with a wide grin.

"Did you have to visit me at school?" he muttered, gesturing to the gaping students. Celebrating one of their birthdays so openly was definitely a new thing that hadn't occurred before. Normally they were pretty much secretive about the whole thing.

Brooke nodded happily at his question, clearly missing his tone. "Birthdays are to be celebrated!"

Everyone stared at her before Paul smacked Seth on the back, telling him to hurry the fuck up and blow his candles out before they melted and ruined the cake. Brookes cooking was good, everyone would admit that, but they really didn't want to eat it if it was tainted with the taste of wax.