Chapter 51

Jacob shifted, allowing his wolf side to be buried deeper since he knew he needed to try and at least think rationally right now

Jacob shifted, allowing his wolf side to be buried deeper since he knew he needed to try and at least think rationally right now. It didn't help that all he and his inner wolf could think about was that his mate was in danger; that she was hurt and needed him. It was running through his mind over and over again, making him become more and more animalistic as time seemed to pass slower than ever.

He felt his upper lip pull back into a snarl when he suddenly felt the thick lust of another female, his wolf hating that his senses were being bombarded with such a aroma that wasn't his mates. It was disgusting.

It didn't take him long before he located the owner of the distasteful smell, the brunette staring openly at his naked form. He had forgotten that those who weren't of the supernatural world didn't have the same views on nudity that both his pack and the Cullen's seemed to have. Neither had even blinked an eye lid at his sudden transformation and lack of clothing and yet here Bella stood staring at his naked limp dick as if she thought it would get hard for her.

He snarled viciously at her, and a sick sense of satisfaction running through him when he saw her flinch.

"What happened?"

His lips felt strange as he tried to speck, his words coming out sharp and short. It didn't take him more than moment to realise the cause was the fact his canines were still distinctively present in his mouth, something which had not happened before while he was human unless he was biting his mate in the acts of pleasure.

Snapping his head into Sam's direction he saw the older wolf shift, eyes wide at the half human and half wolf transformation. Even he hadn't seen anything like it, and it had definitely not happened to him before either.

Not getting a verbal response Jacob couldn't really bring it in himself to care, not when there was a bunch of vampires standing in-between him and his mate. She was his god damn it! His to protect, his to love!

Sensing his lack of patience Carlisle spoke up quickly, not wanting to lie but not wishing to throw Bella under the bus either. His ethics wouldn't allow him to do such a thing.

"We arrived here to see your Brooke unconscious, Jacob. I have checked her over like I told you; I would feel more confident that she is in good health if perhaps you allow her to stay under my observations, you are welcome to stay as well of course."

He knew he was pushing it with the comment but he couldn't just let the girl become worse, not when she had done so much for himself and his family. Brooke was a sweet girl, one that did not deserve the beating that Bella had given her. He and Bella would definitely be having words' that was for sure, and while previously when the girl had asked if she would be turned he no longer believed that would be the best thing to do. Hate continued on when you became one of the un-dead, it would not be a smart thing if he proceeded like they had planned.