Chapter 52

Five Years Later

Five Years Later

Brooke frowned as she watched her baby come out of the school building, her heart aching when she took note of his almost defeated expression. Something had happened, she was sure of it.

It had been less than a few weeks following the battle when Jacob had asked her to move in with him officially, and while she had expected to move into his father's house with him permanently, what she hadn't expected was what he had been doing without her knowledge. Instead of Billy's home he had taken her to a small cabin near the edge of the woods, and when he had informed her that he had been building it for them for a while now she had felt her love only continue to grow for him. It had been and still was perfect for the both of them and he had clearly built it with her in mind.

Smiling at the memory she had made sure to tell Billy he was welcome whenever he wished, and that just because she was moving in with his son didn't mean that she didn't expect him around every Sunday for lunch. So far he had yet to miss a single week and for that she was bubbling with happiness that she finally had a family which she could call her own.

It had been less than a year after that when she found out she was pregnant, and while she had been on birth control the fates had clearly decided that it was time to bring a new alpha into the world. It was the happiest day of her life when little Liam was born, a miniature version of Jacob apart from her eyes which he had clearly gotten from his mother. Her life as far as she was concerned was utterly perfect.

As for Paul the day she had brought home his mate, the imprint and been instant and now the pair were inseparable. Annie was a shy girl who had run away from home only hours before she met Brooke and Leah who bluntly told her that if she trusted them she could have the perfect life, and clearly she had. Since that day Annie hadn't regretted following them a single moment, and Paul seemed to be forever grateful. It had also helped to soften his temper now he didn't seem to have a reason to be angry all the time, and while he had his occasion rage filled fit it only took a simply and loving touch from Annie to have him practically wagging his tail.

Jacob had also taken over the alpha role pretty quickly after the battle, finding his birth right too tempting for his wolf to resist any longer. Brooke had been completely surprised and Billy couldn't have been prouder to have his son leading the pack like it was his right to. The entire pack knew their new alpha was perfect for the role and they didn't have a single doubt when he made it known that he wanted to step up, but it was Sam and Emily who had celebrated the switch in leadership the most. She was now happily pregnant and they were expecting their first pup in August. They couldn't wait.

Returning back to the present Brooke knelt down when she saw her sweet boy scan the playground, a bright smile appearing on his still slightly chubby cheeks as he caught sight of his mummy. It took him seconds before he was engulfed in a hug which left him bright with giggles.