Chapter Ninety One

Being okay

"I'm telling you it's Gaspar Cortez, I didn't hallucinate him Ava!" Klaus muttered as the family hurried toward the noise, ready for whatever war was about to start

"I'm telling you it's Gaspar Cortez, I didn't hallucinate him Ava!" Klaus muttered as the family hurried toward the noise, ready for whatever war was about to start. Ava had to hold back a laugh when Davina Claire emerged from the shadows, because although she looked like a sweet innocent girl, she was nearly capable of anything.

"Rather foolish of you to come here alone." Nik bit out as he slammed the girl into a wall, fingers gripping her neck. Ava had to remember that Davina could handle herself around the originals, silently hoping the witch had a trick up her sleeve to free herself from Niklaus' hold. After all, she may trust Niklaus with her own life. Maybe not that of Davina Claires.

"She didn't come alone brother." A new and somehow familiar voice chuckled from the entrance of the compound, sauntering in with an eyebrow cocked and a famous Mikaelson smirk.

Within one moment, Nik was thrown across the floor and shock had rooted the mikaelsons stiff. All eyes were glued to the new member of the family, and Ava couldn't grasp the idea of yet another new mikaelson being thrown in the mix of what was already a mess.

"I'm sorry am I supposed to know you?" She questioned, feeling a sudden surge of eyes to fall on her. The man chuckled, striding forward until the two were but a footstep apart.

"I was in a very different mindset when we met love, so I'll forgive you forgetting me this once. Kol Mikaelson, pleasure to meet your acquaintance... again." The unmistakable British tone and charm sent Ava into a frenzy of memories.

Of course, how could she not realise it was Kol. And yet was he not supposed to be dead, that was what she was told at least.

"How?" Nik mumbled as he stepped forward, gently pulling Ava back to his side with a possessive nudge.

"When I broke the sire link, it created a surge of power." Davina declared with as much dominance she could, addressing the only other witch who would understand her comment the most.

"You stole the nexus vorti." Freya shot out, tone laced with poison as she pieced two and two together.

"Most of it. Some of it went somewhere else, I'm not sure where yet." There was a moment of silence, as each person contemplated the severity of Davinas statement.

Thoughts fought for dominance in Niks head as he tried to figure out what took presidency.
He had his brother back, and although repercussions of his sire link were condemning, he knew at that moment he would endure it once more if it meant Kol coming home.

And then there was his safety.
If Cortez truly was back, he needed to be aware, he needed to keep Ava and the others safe.

Ava. Something was wrong with her too. She complained of sickness, of a pain that resided within the pit of her stomach. And Klaus feared a vex had finally wound itself into her bones.

For what other reason would there be for her trauma to be rebirthed? For her to feel any sort of pain in her stomach? He hoped it was just his paranoia, but something larger was at play. He just needed to-

"Nik?"

A soft voice filtered into the air along with a delicate touch on his arm. Her smile small, eyes glistening in the light as if filled with crystals, and suddenly his wild fears slipped away.

"I'm okay, love."

It wasn't a lie, because he was always okay when he stayed by her side.

•••

403k!!

I know we hate me.
I know I apologise every bloody update because I'm so poor with updates.

By now I think we all know I suffer with anxiety, thought it would go after exams, only got worse. But I am trying to get back to the right head space. Like I know where this ends up, I know what I want, but I can't figure out how to get there. Or get the motivation to write well.

So if you've got this far, thanks for keeping up with me. Thanks for understanding, and thanks for not sending any hate my way.

With lots of freaking love,
It's Harriet Grace.