Chapter Thirteen

"Daddy!" I yell, jumping into my father's arms when I exited the terminal. He caught me and squeezed me tight, kissing the top of my head. He let me down as Ashton comes running to him.

"Hey, buddy. Did you miss Grandpa?" He asks Ash, smiling at him. Ash nods and wraps his arms around daddy's neck. We walked out of the airport while Mitch carried all of our luggage.

"I could've used some help." Mitch sneers, throwing all the baggage into the trunk of the car as daddy puts Ash in his carseat. "I'm not some monkey you use when you get lazy."

"Yeah, but at the same time I don't care. Big brothers are supposed to take care of their little sisters." I retort, getting into the passenger side as Mitch gets into the backseat. Dad started the car and drove all of us home, the nostalgia taking over. We all get out of the car and enter the big house, the smell of oak still the same since before I left.

"Daddy before you get all comfy, I have somthing to tell you guys." I say as the all get settled on the couch that mom insisted we get because it was a good omen, whatever that meant. Dad raises his eyebrow as Mitch turns towards me. I take a deep breath and let the truth spill out.

********

"No, no, no, no!" Mitch yells, tugging at his hair. I chuckle as he paces around the living room as he has done so many times in the past. It was good to be home. "This is so not fair!"

"Are you saying you want kids?" Daddy asks Mitch, astounded. Mitch rolls his eyes at dad then turns to me, knowing I understood.

"Hell no! I just think it's unfair that Luna can have sex as much as she wants but I haven't gotten laid since June!" He whines, falling on the chair and crossing his arms over his chest like a child. He pouts and glares at me as if he was in time-out.

"I think there is a bigger issue at hand then the fact that most of the girls in this town think you're in a relationship with Henry." Dad yells at Mitch. I laugh, remembering Henry's ideal life that meant him and Mitch were married. I am brought out of my own world when Daddy hands me his cell phone.

"Why did you g-"

"Call him." Daddy tells me, pointing at the pre-dialed number on the screen. I shake my head, hoping he would just let it go. "He has a right to know, baby girl." He says, making me see the reality of the situation. But I had no idea what I was supposed to say.

'Hey, remember how I broke your heart and then slept with you just to break your heart again Well, somewhere in there we forgot to wrap it up with a condom. Have a nice life!'

I sigh, knowing I had to do it sooner or later. Guess now was as good as any other time. I listen to the phone ring five times before his voicemail comes on.

"Hey, you reached Danny Hart. Leave a message after the beep."Beep.

"Danny? T-this is... Luna. Ca-can you just c-call-" I hang up, not able to even leave a full message. I give dad the phone back as a tear silently fall down my cheek.

"I can't do this. Ruin his life again. He's finally happy. I hear he has a new girlfriend. They moved in together. They're engaged. I can't ruin his life with a mistake I made. I can't." I cry, looking at my father. The tears stream down my face, dripping onto my shirt. His smile broke and was replaced by sadness. He brought me into his arms and tried to calm me down, rubbing my back as I kept crying. How could I sit here and ruin his life?

*****

Danny's POV:

""Danny? T-this is... Luna. Ca-can you just c-call-" The message ends, making me confused. Why would she call me?