14| The Victory

——————————————————Hearing their names being called a light welled inside of Kat's chest and exploded sending every cell in her body in a silent excited hum

——————————————————
Hearing their names being called a light welled inside of Kat's chest and exploded sending every cell in her body in a silent excited hum.

She followed her gaze from Ineza to Ryder who look just as surprised and delighted as her. It was honestly weird seeing his face hold any other expression besides a glare.

The glared were usually curtesy of her

She shot up out of her seat as applause roared up around her. Ryder stood up with her and scooped her up into his arms. She squealed and wrapped her arms around him burying her head into the crook of his neck.

He squeezed her tight and she honestly couldn't feel the eyes that were glued to them, all she could feel right now was that she was in Ryder's arms.

She sighed happily a smile on her face and light in her eyes as he put her down. The same light she saw in Ryder's dark hues when their gazes connected.

~•~

After the Dinner was over, Ryder and Kat were privately awarded a small perk during the competition. They now got first pick from all the new shipments of lingerie.

"Congratulations you two, excellent editing and photography skills Ryder. And Kat, you are a gorgeous and a talented model. Keep up the good!" Ineza gave us both a thumbs up and a bright sunlight-filled smile before walking away.

She turned to Ryder with a soft smile that grew as she looked at him, she bit her lip gently. "Told you we'd win." Her smile melted into a smirk.

Ryder scoffed and rolled his eyes but I caught his tiny smile, "You're something else. Also, did you know there was a lake here?"

Kat knitted her eyebrows together and shook her head, "I didn't know that, who told you?"

"Shera was talking about it...you were kind of occupied with Cole." He gave her a slight look fire clearing his throat and running a hand through his hair messing it up. He shrugged and walked to the exit with her, "wanna go take a victory lap around the lake?"

He suggested and Kat looked up at him for a moment with a smug smirk slowing down.

"What?" He questioned as a glare took over his masculine face.

"You like me don't you." Kat stopped and leaned closer to him raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"What? No, I can't stand you. I was just suggesting that- you know cause it's late- I wanted to be polite-"He stumbled over his words in his deep manly voice, it was quite hilarious. Kat was amused, her smug look only grew.